Soldano SLO100, Bogner XTC, H&K Zentera, Splawn Quickrod
Last edited by Horlicks at May 11, 2008,
I hear the Marshall MG100DFX is pretty awesome.

Probably my Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25.
One's I can actually afford or fantasy stuff?
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
JCM2000 DSL100
Hiwatt 100W Custom
EVH 5150
...among others...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Marshall 1959
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Mesa Triple Searchbar.

Kidding!!!!

Marshall Superlead.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
right on, i wanna play through the hughes and kettner mkIIII or w/e, seen some videos on youtube, sounds pretty good.

no im talkin like, any amp you could ever own, amps that give you the heebey jeebeys in a good way
Orange Rocker
ENGL fireball/powerball
Framus Cobra/Dragon

and I've been wondering if the Line 6 Vetta II is worth the cash.
I am fond of my Bugera for what it does, but since we are dreaming I'll take a Soldono SLO. So far, that has been the best sounding amp I've ever heard.
My favourite amp is my main gigging amp ! A Marshall DSL401 pimped with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, JJ pre-amp valves and EHX power amp valves, and to get my rhythm tone its on OD2 driven with a Ibanez Turbo Tubescreamer. Gain about 6, bass 7, mids 4-5, treble 7.

Gets me a powerful, unique overdriven metal tone that cuts right through the mix.

Guitars played through are PRS SE Singlecut with EMG's & Epiphone Les Paul Custom with SD Blackouts for my band who play metal/hard rock.

I get excellent bluesy tones out of it when I jam on my Epiphone 335 on OD1 low gain, and get pretty good cleans out of it too. Classic rock is obviously easy to dial a tone in, its a Marshall !

Very versatile amp and if tweaked right gets just about any tone at a quality level, considering how much I payed for it it has been a bargain. The speaker change and valve change certainly made a big difference may I add.
Soldano SLO-100 or a Mesa Boogie Mark IV - I've had both.

But, my Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo gets 97% of what I'd need both of those for in normal practice, recording, gigging situations anyway. The other two have just a little more icing on the cake though
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by codyshredfoo
hm sweet ill have to check that out

The DSL is a good sounding amp, and pretty versatile. Marshall makes pretty brittle boards that rattle loose and cause problems pretty easily, and I've know that to happen to a number of DSLs that many friends have gigged with. You don't want to bounce that thing much at all, and make sure you send in your warranty card if you buy one.

Mesa and other upper brands give you longer warranties, and have hand wired floating leads on the boards, giving a lot of cushion to connection points, and making it more sturdy for gigging musicians, lessening the chance of any connection problems inside. Just a note...
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
The DSL is a good sounding amp, and pretty versatile. Marshall makes pretty brittle boards that rattle loose and cause problems pretty easily, and I've know that to happen to a number of DSLs that many friends have gigged with. You don't want to bounce that thing much at all, and make sure you send in your warranty card if you buy one.

Mesa and other upper brands give you longer warranties, and have hand wired floating leads on the boards, giving a lot of cushion to connection points, and making it more sturdy for gigging musicians, lessening the chance of any connection problems inside. Just a note...

ha, thanks im glad you told me that. i use a solid state amp and im kinda clumsy...im gonna have to be more careful when i get a tube amp
Diezel Herbert.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
bogner duende... too bad ill never be able to afford it
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by codyshredfoo
whats the difference betweeen the dual rectifiers and the triple rectifiers?

At least 50 watts more power (and I guess one more recrtifier tube?). I believe there are some tonal differences caused by the extra muscle too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Soldano Slo, Framus Cobra, VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead, any Diezel or Wizard.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

It's tough.

I love the Super Reverb for its beautiful cleans and luscious reverb.
I love the AC30 for its breakup tones and British jangly light OD
I love the Plexi for its hard rock tones and British Crunch.

At the end of the day, I will probably end up building one of each
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by end_citizen
I thought the Triple Recto had a Solid State Rectifier.

I believe at least the dual and triple rectifiers can be switched between solid state or tube rectifiers. Not sure about the single, I think it has SS only.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
this thread should really be named "dream amp" instead of favourite amp in most cases !
my 5150 II, My 1992 Mesa 2Channel Dual rectifier

and on my wish list: Bogner Ubershall( our however you spell it)
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Mesa Mark IV
Marshall JTM45
Hiwatt Custom 100
Splawn Quickrod/Nitro
Diezel VH-4

EDIT: Forgot two:

Fender Deluxe Reverb and Bassman

EDIT: Wait! One more.

Orange Rockerverb 50
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Peavey 5150
Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier
Marshall 1987X
Chicago Bluesbox
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I played a Bogner Uberschall and I loved it.
Assorted Bad Cats
The handwired Vox AC30 series
The good old BF Super reverb
My Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse, truly a SR on steroids.

Bring into mind, i only said ones that i've played.

^ Lol, another believer of the CBB
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 11, 2008,
Quote by scott316
My favourite amp is my main gigging amp ! A Marshall DSL401 pimped with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, JJ pre-amp valves and EHX power amp valves, and to get my rhythm tone its on OD2 driven with a Ibanez Turbo Tubescreamer. Gain about 6, bass 7, mids 4-5, treble 7.

Gets me a powerful, unique overdriven metal tone that cuts right through the mix.

Guitars played through are PRS SE Singlecut with EMG's & Epiphone Les Paul Custom with SD Blackouts for my band who play metal/hard rock.

I get excellent bluesy tones out of it when I jam on my Epiphone 335 on OD1 low gain, and get pretty good cleans out of it too. Classic rock is obviously easy to dial a tone in, its a Marshall !

Very versatile amp and if tweaked right gets just about any tone at a quality level, considering how much I payed for it it has been a bargain. The speaker change and valve change certainly made a big difference may I add.

Scott,

I've just bought the DSL401 & i love it. What difference would a tubescreamer, or say a badmonkey overdrive make to the amp?

Thanks mate
Quote by Platinum Pro
Ibanez amps.... just love that heavy metal tone to them

Oh and I forgot the Bogner XTC, still not as good as the Diezel though imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
diezel herbert (worth every penny)
Splawn Nitro
ENGL PB / Invader
Peavey 5150 head
Peavey xxx 112 combo (Great for the money.)
My favorite is the rivera knuklehead tre I just picked up.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd