I have a 15 wat bass amp and im wondering if i should spend my money on a new bass or a new amp?

if so then could anyone suggest whats the best amp to get and how many watts i will need.
nothing.
Well, what amp you get is entirely down to tonal preference. How much power you need depends on what you will need tha map for, though more is better.

Without a budget, I recommend the Warwick Hellborg System.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I would get a new amp. You can alter your tone more with a better amp than with a better bass.
The.
Are you in a band? If so, what kind of wattage does the guitarist have? On average, you should have 3 times the wattage of your guitarist. If you're not in a band, I'd wait until you are in one and sit on the money until you know what kind of wattage you're gonna need.
i bought a used crate and it had overheating problems. who builds a 440 watt SS amp without a fan or heatsink!?! i even took it back to the store and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. while i'll admit my practices are about 6hours long you have to think ahead to the future where you might play in a hot bar for a few hours and it might not get the best ventilation.

I highly recommend peavy myself. i always shop around to other brands but in the end i buy a peavey. i'm on my 3rd one and i'm probably set for life now.

Ashdown also gets a good recommendation from me and a lot of people on these forums. I played through one of the blue line combos my freind had and i like it a lot. lots of volume and it didn't lose tone when it got loud either.

If you want a ton of power on a budget check out www.carvin.com their stuff is made in U.S.A and high quality. and just look at all those eq knobs! and a graphic eq on top of that! If I ever buy another amp it'll be the bx1200 for a SS amp tone. then i'd get an A,B pedal and be able to have either tone at any time. and the graphic eq is footswitchable so you can have two tones from that one amp with the click of a button.

EDIT: i almost forgot. if you've got money try out EDEN. they're not as common. at least not where i live. but they're high quality stuff and sound great. and the amp heads are small and light. so if you're gonna move it a lot that's a cool feature.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
^^Agreed. Bad tone isn't made up for by low price.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
I would definately recommend a new amp before you buy a new instrument. A good beginner amp is the Crate BT100; they're loud enough, and they seem to last forever. If you've got more cash, go with Gallien-Krueger for a step up in quality.

Quote by gm jack
Well, what amp you get is entirely down to tonal preference. How much power you need depends on what you will need tha map for, though more is better.

Without a budget, I recommend the Warwick Hellborg System.

Have you played through one yet? They're incredible!!! It's like the German-engineered voice of God!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez