im looking into getting a new guitar amp this summer. the one i have now is a really cheap ibanez starter pack amp and im looking to go for something alot better. my budget will be between $200-$300. i would like to go for a tube amp that can give me some good blues tones, but also some good rock/metal tones as well. i was looking at the vox ad15vxtl and it seems to be right in my price range and it seems to get good reviews. anyone have any experience with these? or also any other recommendations? thanks
oh, it said it was on the website. well what are some good entry level tube amps?
Quote by NightFang
oh, it said it was on the website. well what are some good entry level tube amps?

It only has one tube in the poweramp section. It's a good modelling amp for the price, but it's not a true tube amp.

How metal is your metal? The problem with tube amps is that if you want metal, the cheapest options will pretty much cost about 450$ (VK + Bad Monkey) or so.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by NightFang
im looking into getting a new guitar amp this summer. the one i have now is a really cheap ibanez starter pack amp and im looking to go for something alot better. my budget will be between $200-$300. i would like to go for a tube amp that can give me some good blues tones, but also some good rock/metal tones as well. i was looking at the vox ad15vxtl and it seems to be right in my price range and it seems to get good reviews. anyone have any experience with these? or also any other recommendations? thanks

For about $200 more you can get into a B-52 ATA 1X12 or a Randall RG50TC and get the metal tone you're wanting. It's worth the difference. The Vox am is merely meh. Not really good for metal at all. Also, look into a Roland Cube 60.
I have a VOX AD30VT and totally love it. You`ll get good blues and rock tones out of it and lot`s of effects. It isn`t totally a tube amp, Valvetronix I think was it. Half-tubes or someting. If you`re also gonna perfrom for some pretty big audiences you might take the 30 Watt, but with the 15 W you can also do some small gigs.
Quote by MaXiMuse
I have a VOX AD30VT and totally love it. You`ll get good blues and rock tones out of it and lot`s of effects. It isn`t totally a tube amp, Valvetronix I think was it. Half-tubes or someting. If you`re also gonna perfrom for some pretty big audiences you might take the 30 Watt, but with the 15 W you can also do some small gigs.

He's talking about the XL series amp though. And those are awful. Simply awful.
well i dont play alot of metal. its mostly stuff like paul gilbert, although i do like to fool around with some good grunge metal tones its not really that important. i mostly play modern rock and blues. some of my influences are john mayer, hendrix, paul gilbert, incubus just to name a few.
Quote by NightFang
well i dont play alot of metal. its mostly stuff like paul gilbert, although i do like to fool around with some good grunge metal tones its not really that important. i mostly play modern rock and blues. some of my influences are john mayer, hendrix, paul gilbert, incubus just to name a few.

Don't get the XL line amp then. Stick with a regular AD one.
the xl aren't that bad theyre just more expensive. i got the ad30vt and it's very versitile and it's got a really warm sound. I don't use the effects that much except reverb but they're still cool. the xl has some new amp models but they aren't as good as the ad30vt. The xl does have an octaver instead of the auto wah, which is cool but i'd get the ad30vt
I didn't like the XL at all and I am a metal player. I would rather have the regular AD model.