GAK now carries Engl gear!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&m=Engl&c=Products&r=Price+Range&x=34&y=4

It's little more expensive than thomann.de but it's interesting none the less.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Sora 01
Old

New to me.

Thanks dude
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Awesome.

Has anybody here ever played one of their Classics? I always wanted to know what they were like.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Indeed more expensive than Thomann, how's the GAK warranty? Also, how's the ENGL Classic? I've never heard of that one.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Sora 01
Old

Well I only found out today and I visit this forum basically every day (yes I have no life) so I thought other people might not know.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
they may carry ENGL gear, but will they actually bother to send them when people order them?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
they may carry ENGL gear, but will they actually bother to send them when people order them?

Care to elaborate?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Care to elaborate?

He had a bad experience with GAK once and due to that ONE recorded problem with them they obviously suck

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827916

edit2: Turns out that it wasn't their fault anyway, and he even accepted it! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13605189&postcount=26
so yeah, GAK rule end of
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Last edited by Yngwi3 at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
He had a bad experience with GAK once and due to that ONE recorded problem with them they obviously suck

Thought so
I've only had good deals with them
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
Thought so
I've only had good deals with them

+1 I've never had any problems with them at all, and my whole bass rig come from there, along with huge amounts of my guitar stuff. They're a great shop as far as I'm concerned.

I just wish I could go to Brighton and see the actual shop.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Guitar Guitar are actually cheaper on some Engls than both thomann.de and GAK

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification.asp?BrandName=Engl&guitars=14
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Last edited by chrism3006 at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1 I've never had any problems with them at all, and my whole bass rig come from there, along with huge amounts of my guitar stuff. They're a great shop as far as I'm concerned.

I just wish I could go to Brighton and see the actual shop.

Its surprisingly small. Its not as if its tiny, but for such an online superstore, i was surprised by its size Still, a great shop for all thats there....
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by Yngwi3

yes thats right, because you clearly know every little detail [/sarcasm]. i haven't posted the rest of the story, but they got much more annoying once i gave up on that thread.

meh, talk about the engls, i don't wanna spam this thread.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
yes thats right, because you clearly know every little detail [/sarcasm]

All I know is what you said in your thread, including that it wasn't their fault after all.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Yngwi3
All I know is what you said in your thread, including that it wasn't their fault after all.

read my edit. this carried on for about another 3 weeks before i gave up. my issue is that there was no indication that anything was out of stock until they'd processed the order. then they kept giving me a date for the postage, then delaying it further when that day arrived. their cancellation procedure info didn't make a lot of sense as it was all legal crap, and when i emailed them about it they didn't answer my question, they just spouted out more legal crap. i did not accept that it wasn't their fault, they should've let me know it was out of stock before i ordered it.

It's not their fault, the idea is that they don't publish stock on the website, so you phone them up. You got a phone?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Our guitarist's had bad experience with them as have I.
At least my product WORKED when it arrived.

Bought a preamp off Thomann and a mic off GAK the same day. Mic took two and a half weeks to arrive, preamp arrived in 3 days.

A drummer on my course at college ordered some cymbals, took months for them to arrive. Numerous other stories of broken equipment, or long dispatch times, or both at once.

GAK are crap.
Quote by MrCarrot
It's not their fault, the idea is that they don't publish stock on the website, so you phone them up. You got a phone?

or, they could just save their customers the time, hassle and phone bills, and publish stock/back order info like everyone else does.

edit: also, the guy above me proves that its not just me.

My guitar took 3 months to arrive, but its expected really when they've gotta order the guitar in and stuff. Anyway, Engl are the best amps out there, I'm happy I've got a Blackmore. Shame that their cabs are such a rip off. Theres no way I'm paying £600 for a 2x12 cab consisting of 2 speakers worth a total value of £100.
Seriously, how the hell do all of these big companies get away with charging so high for their cabinets? I could understand £250/300 obviously for the wood and everything else in the manufacturing process, but when companies like Engl, Orange and Mesa are charging £600 for them, with all of the other companies not far behind, it really shows how greedy they are.
ENGL's amps are overpriced to hell on GAK, to the point where it's cheaper to buy them in a real shop and barter down.

Oh and just for the record, GAK have never mucked up any of my orders.
*Sigh*

GAK are only bad if they don't have what you want in stock. If you have the brains to ring up and check the stock beforehand they're fine.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
GAK now carries Engl gear!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&m=Engl&c=Products&r=Price+Range&x=34&y=4

It's little more expensive than thomann.de but it's interesting none the less.

they probably have one combo in stock knowing gak. Gak have messed up a few of my orders. I was expecting a 5150 replacement 11 months in warranty and the guy who dealt with it didnt log it so i had to argue the case with them. I find it the same with most shops they are pretty hopeless..IMuso seem decent tho for a bunch of scousers!
Last edited by tuwyci at May 11, 2008,
Quote by timi_hendrix
*Sigh*

GAK are only bad if they don't have what you want in stock. If you have the brains to ring up and check the stock beforehand they're fine.

well, no, because on most sites it doesn't say anything UNLESS its out of stock or theres a huge waiting list, so its only natural to assume that everything is ok unless stated.

Well, GAK isn't most sites. It's just common sense to ring the number they list clearly for stock enquiries before you throw your money at them. That said, I've had the same problem as you before and it sucks, but you can't really complain.

And it's the distributor's I'd be angry at, they're the ones responsible for giving GAK the dates that they'll get the stuff to them, which most of the time they don't meet.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
If this goes on too much longer I'm just going to report the thread; this is stupid.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.