Yo dudes, after countless threads I think I've gotten closer to a decision -

Last night at my last gig with my band I used a friends Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I usually like to have the best stuff I can get so I work for it and I was skeptical of playing a guitar with the name Epiphone on it but I did and absolutely loved it! So fun to play it was really smooth for the style of music i play (rock, pop punk, pop rock) and it had so much less attack in a good way compared to my EMG loaded Schecter. I turned on the neck pup in a solo I had and it blended so nice and warmly with the mix it was amazing.

I don't even know how much I'd like an Epi Elitist :O..

I've always had in my head I really really really want an SG standard but I've never played it because of lack of stores in my area. After last night I really really like that Epi Les Paul. What are some of the differences of SG's and them?

heres a list of guitars I want to try or potentially buy..

Esp EC1000 SD Pup model
Agile AL3100
Fender 72 tele Deluxe
Gibson SG standard
Fender American HSS Strat
and now after last night, some kind of epi les paul?

My budget is near $900ish and I always buy used so. That epi lp custom my friend had he got it for $500 on ebay.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks bra's, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The SG is lighter than the LP, but it's neck heavy. Also, I prefer the sound of LP to the SG, but you should compare them.

I'm not a Fender guy, but I have an HSS Strat (Dimebucker, Hot rails+ sustainer) and If you want a thicker sound I'd say go for the LP, because even with all that the Strat doesn't sound as good (IMO) as the LP. Also, the EC-1000s are great. Agiles are great from what I hear, but I think they're ugly.

BTW, new Epi LP Customs don't seem as nice as older ones, used would probably be a better bet.
I might order an Agile and just return if I don't like.. I didn't mind the weight of the LP at all. I'm a pretty strong dude.

Ultimately everyone of my favorite bands being pop punk, pop rock, sometimes even metalcore use a Gibson LP, or a SG standard.. So thats where I make my decisions
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Don't skip over the Hagstroms bro if you can try any out? A few people bought them lately and love them,some are drying up on eBay & they are selling out a couple models they are discontinuing. They play nice & smooth. I have the Epi version of my Hag coming to compare but I have had a few other guitars in the $2-400 range and the Hag remains. With your budget your looking at the Select series which are suppose to be some amazing guitars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hagstrom-Select-Swede-Blue-Chip-color-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ170216309026QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.hagstromguitars.com/index.html
Gibson SG Std / Agile 3100 LP / MIJ Ash Strat
Ibanez TSA15>1x12(G12-65)
Orange OR15H>V212(Vet. 30/ET-65)
check out a Schecter C-1+. Amazing guitar that just begs to be played.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
It's about $100 more then the SG standard used prices.. Is it worth it?

I play a EC1000, it's wonderful to play, and sometimes I could just look at it for hours.

I tried a Epi goldtop at sound control yesterday, that amazed me with its feel and build quality, people don't just cross them off stright away.