i have a few questions about tubes

My amp uses KT77 power amp tubes and i need to replace them, if i replace them with JJ KT77's would i need to rebias the amp?

how do i know when a pre amp tube needs replacing?

my amp uses 4 pre amp tubes but has 6 pre amp tube sized tubes connected, what are the other 2 tubes for?

it's a burman pro 501 if that helps

thanks for any help
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
if the burman is self biasing, you don't need to, look in the manual or their site
lol@u
not really a chance of looking at the manual or their website as the i bought the amp second hand and it's roughly 30 years old and the company is out of business now. i doubt it's self biassing due to the age of it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
nothing to do with age, but i don't think it is, my limited electronics knowledge leads me to believe there are too many tubes for it to be self biasing
lol@u