I was looking at the Ibanez RGT42FX and the Ibanez RGT42DX, and I can't see too much of a difference. Is there something I'm missing?
They are the same guitar except one has an extra top of wood to create that zebra like texture. It looks really nice. So the look is the only difference. I personally prefer the RGT42dx. Look at the link in my sig if youd like to see how high end this guitars can get. I put an OFR on mines, Dimarzio pickups, and Gotoh precision tuners, and I probably puts up a good match to any guitar under 3k with its neckthrough, mahogany body, and 5 piece neck.
TS: You don't see that floating, double-locking tremolo bridge?

nyandres: What "zebra look"?
Quote by Pikka Bird
TS: You don't see that floating, double-locking tremolo bridge?

nyandres: What "zebra look"?

Zebra look like stripey horse.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by nyandres
They are the same guitar except one has an extra top of wood to create that zebra like texture. It looks really nice. So the look is the only difference. I personally prefer the RGT42dx. Look at the link in my sig if youd like to see how high end this guitars can get. I put an OFR on mines, Dimarzio pickups, and Gotoh precision tuners, and I probably puts up a good match to any guitar under 3k with its neckthrough, mahogany body, and 5 piece neck.

Holy cr** ! Thats one looking rgt42dx. I own one myself that i got this christmas. I love the gold locks, is that an Original floyd rose? Because ive been wondering of switching my edge III to an OFR.

Looks amazing btw.
Quote by Insicion
Holy cr** ! Thats one looking rgt42dx. I own one myself that i got this christmas. I love the gold locks, is that an Original floyd rose? Because ive been wondering of switching my edge III to an OFR.

Looks amazing btw.

Yup its an OFR. Its really easy to install, but it requires some work, but its definatelly worth it. THe gold locks do look nice, but I remember the ibanez case is so exact it may not fit with the locks on the ibanez prestige case.
Quote by nyandres
Yup its an OFR. Its really easy to install, but it requires some work, but its definatelly worth it. THe gold locks do look nice, but I remember the ibanez case is so exact it may not fit with the locks on the ibanez prestige case.

I see but will i have to make some routing or warping in order to install the OFR? or is it just a direct swap so i'd just have to take off the edge and install the OFR? Can you also please tell me the site where you got it from? Ive been searching all over for a decent site to order it from but i dont seem to find one.

Much appreciated.
Quote by Insicion
I see but will i have to make some routing or warping in order to install the OFR? or is it just a direct swap so i'd just have to take off the edge and install the OFR? Can you also please tell me the site where you got it from? Ive been searching all over for a decent site to order it from but i dont seem to find one.

Much appreciated.

I have added a link in my sig to the tutorial I made on replacing the Edge III with the OFR. The OFR can fit right in without modification, but it may touch the wood when you dive in, which may crack the wood. So I created that tutorial to explain how you will need to sand the hole bigger, while keeping the guitar looking as good as a factory installation.
And by the way I bought it at warmoth. The "add to cart" button was not working when i bought it, but buy it by phone if thats the case. Thats what I did.

The guitar plays like a dream. As for the thread, the blue one might be harder to modify cause its got a special texture. The white one is easy cause its just one wood, and one tone, so the sanding does not affect its look when done right. The sanding is only on the whole so its no big deal.
Last edited by nyandres at May 11, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Zebra look like stripey horse.

Sure, like a tiger, only white instead of yellow, rite?

What I mean is- I've seen no zebra-stripey look on any of those two guitars.

The FM has flamed maple, which some might think is what a zebra looks like, but neither the FX or DX is an FM (see, that's because they don't end in FM).
Thank you

Ill be shure when i get my OFR i will look back at you'r Edge III swap thread.