yea MF is slow this week, try loading it onto Tindeck or something...

First impression - LOUD! haha

Everything sounds great to me. No noticeable clipping or distortion on the tracks. Everything is timed well. At the end it does start up again as if this is part of a looped track. Drums sound like they were played very consistently, almost as if it was a drum program or machine.

I think this is one of those "I recorded this great song with just a $50 interface" type deals. If thats the case, it just goes to show you that someone with enough time and skill can do killer work with low end gear.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 11, 2008,
alrighty!
trying Tindeck

the link updated with a Tindeck one!

Thanks for the reply Dave!

Will tell the details later
Last edited by scaldor at May 11, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
yea MF is slow this week, try loading it onto Tindeck or something...

First impression - LOUD! haha

Everything sounds great to me. No noticeable clipping or distortion on the tracks. Everything is timed well. At the end it does start up again as if this is part of a looped track. Drums sound like they were played very consistently, almost as if it was a drum program or machine.

I think this is one of those "I recorded this great song with just a $50 interface" type deals. If thats the case, it just goes to show you that someone with enough time and skill can do killer work with low end gear.

i've been doing it for years!
well.. my interface is $80.. ..

but anyway, the clip sounds good, what are you using for distortion?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at May 11, 2008,
so what's the key to good cheap recording? (and I mean micced recording, running your signal through 14 laptops doesn't interest me)
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Nice and very clean. You must have used a limiter or a good amount of compression (it was ultimately transparent), and you must have mastered the track to some extent.

The drum's very precise, though a bit distant and uniform, so I'm guessing a high end drum plugin was used. The distorted guitar fit neatly in the mix, and didn't sound that digital to me. That may have been due to the careful use of reverb. I'll probably bite my tongue later, but it did seem like a well miked, genuine tube amp.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101