I've never played a semi-hollow but I want to get one for some odd reason. Would a semi-hollow sound good with distortion (not metal distortion, just rock distortion)? Do they feel like an acoustic when playing or do they feel like any other electric? I already have an amazing metal guitar so i want addition of something different. Either a semihollow ibanez artcore or a telecaster, help me out?
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
they sound great think foo fighters, rush, smashing pumpkins, etc
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Yea I imagine you could get a really good distortion out of a semi hollow theres no reason you cant. Like I can plug in my acoustic to my marshall and turn on distortion and it sounds not bad so im sure you could get a even better distortion with one of those i would go for the ibanez.
Listen to some live Moe. Stuff. One of the guitar players plays a hollow tele at live gigs. I love the sound he gets too.

Its made me begin to save for one I like the sound so much.
yeah you can get a nice distorted sound out of almost any semihollow... i dont know your budget but ive seen people playing metal through semi hollow PRSs... its all about experimenting
I have an Ibanez Artcore. It sounds great with distortion. Tons of people use hollow bodies and semi hollow bodies like BB King and other blues players and the rythem guitarists from AC/DC and GNR
yeah, foos, oasis, chili peppers etc
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
Yes they do I heard that If your volume on your amp is just right It resonates and just gives you this beautiful distorted tone! I'd go for the Epi Dot or Sheraton
alright thanks everyone. Would you recommend an artcore or a tele for an indie like band?
Quote by bsmaster
I have an Ibanez Artcore. It sounds great with distortion. Tons of people use hollow bodies and semi hollow bodies like BB King and other blues players and the rythem guitarists from AC/DC and GNR

Took the words out of my mouth, I have an Ibanez Artcore as well (AS73) and it sounds really great, or it did until I ruined it with some really bad strings

Indie is too broad of a genre for me to be able to comfortably reccomend one or the other, go to Guitar Center and play both to your heart's content, you'll know which you like more.
Quote by JordantheAxe
alright thanks everyone. Would you recommend an artcore or a tele for an indie like band?

i'd say a tele, personally. it's all up to your preference though.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I play metal with my washburn HB30. Its the only semihollow body that has access to the upper notes, and a thin neck. I recommend you check that one out. I am a fan of ibanez's but this washburn is way beyond either of those guitars.
Yeah, my Guitar Teacher has an Epiphone Semi Hollow, and I have played it with heavy distortion, and it works great! I kind of feels like a thin body Acoustic. Make sure you play the one you want before you get it though.
I have an Ibanez AM50 and a modified AM77, both sound outstanding with mild gain to a classic metal level of distortion. Semi hollows aren't as prone to feedback as full hollows when driven, despite what some people will tell you.
I played A gretsch semi thru a 6505+ at GC... Had to go home and change my pants
edit: twice
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
i'd say a tele, personally. it's all up to your preference though.

Agreed.
Quote by T!AN
Which one?

AS73, i'm shocked on how good the tone is for a $300 guitar
^ Nice.

I was heavily considering getting one of those until I got lucky and ended up with my AS103...