Hi,

I was trying to record my guitar onto my Laptop which i've dont before. I normally plug my guitar and amp into the mic input, but me, being stupid, accidently put it into the headphone/speaker input. It turned of my Laptop and to get it working again I had to take the battery out and put it back in again. Now my built-in Laptop speakers don't work, i'v tried re-installing the speaker driver and updating, I've looked inside my Laptop and nothing looks wrong. What can I do? If I get something like this http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0070454160.1210523339@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccefadeedglhlfdcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&category_oid=-29773&sku=654349&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null will my speakers work again??

Please help me.

Cheers
a sound card could help. Can you please be more specific? Does it display no audio device? Does it install the audio device and there is no sound?
try reinstalling the os

Or you can get a live ubuntu CD and see if you can get sound.....
Erm, if your laptop turned off because of it, it could be that something was fried and the speakers don't work because of that. Just an idea, I don't really know much about laptops.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Get it looked at by a technician.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ESP_Shreder
a sound card could help. Can you please be more specific? Does it display no audio device? Does it install the audio device and there is no sound?

when i play music on my laptop, when i click o the sound icon in my toolbar, i can see it's picking up the sound. Just not playing it through the speakers.
Computer outputs dont like to be used as inputs. Sounds like you fried something inside. If your lucky its under warranty if not then try a set of external speakers. If still no sound all the drivers in the world wont fix it.
Quote by Tackleberry
Computer outputs dont like to be used as inputs. Sounds like you fried something inside. If your lucky its under warranty if not then try a set of external speakers. If still no sound all the drivers in the world wont fix it.

+1

It's not going to be a software issue...and I'd love for the people who've suggested reinstalling drivers to explain exactly how that will help, or indeed how that could possibly be the problem in the first place.

You plugged a line out into an output socket, that means you had power going into a place where power isn't supposed to go. The fact that the computer turned off means you've probably fritzed something inside, chances are it shut down to try and save itself from further damage.

If I were you I wouldn't tell them what you did if you're trying to get it replaced under warranty - in all honesty you shouldn't even have been plugging a line out from your amp into the mic output, that was bad enough.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

in all honesty you shouldn't even have been plugging a line out from your amp into the mic output, that was bad enough.

DUH! Lol im not that stupid :| but ahwell i'll just get a new laptop, it dont bother me that much.
well, it's your thread. you came here looking for help.

if you've got money to burn then go get another laptop and set it up the way you had it before because obviously we don't know what we are talking about.

is it possible you simply blew a sound card or other component that can be fixed first.

and i highly recommend the Riffs and Recordings forum as i bet those guys and gals have all of this figured out.

good luck with dat

;