Been thinking about getting a Gibson Melody Maker, now I know all you UG peeps are going to say that this shame compared to other Gibsons. No ****! I like the fact that it has single coils, and that it's so simple and thin. I obliviously would use it as a studio instrument but a strait gig machine. I mean come on this thing is built to gig, with it's super light weight and comfortable 50's neck and with a name like Gibson you can't go wrong. Don't forget before you bash this thing in the 60's it came in a SG shape a Les Paul double cut out and some even with humbuckers much like the Les Paul junior.
Heres some specs and pics

* Body species: Mahogany
* Jack location: Top
* Profile: '59 rounded
* Fingerboard species: Rosewood
* Scale length: 24-3/4"
* Total length: 18.062"
* Number of frets: 22
* Hardware plating finish: Chrome
* Tailpiece: Wraparound
* Knobs: Black tophat
* Tuners: White button
* Pickups: Two special design single-coil
* Manufactured in: Nashville, TN

They look weird as hell, what's up with the headstock. You CAN go wrong with Gibson
Whatever you like man. I love melody makers. I say go for it.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
looks hideous to me and although it's 'cheap' its only cheap for a gibson, so i think you could get a better insturement for the price, however if you want one, go for it
You get the credibility of owning a Gibson and they look different but still kinda familiar. Y'know

I'd say go for it

These what £300 now (in the UK obviously)
Quote by Andron17
You get the credibility of owning a Gibson and they look different but still kinda familiar. Y'know

I'd say go for it

Im getting the white dual pickup for 250$ how can you go wrong with a price like that!
Quote by Andron17

I'd say go for it

there is no 'credibilty' for owning a big name guitar or amp. to me this just says all i care about is brand names, not playabilty or tone.
Just saying you can't go wrong with Gibson is so IGNORANT it isn't funny...

I'll be honest, I REALLY enjoy the Melody Maker. Just finding the right one is a little tough. You CAN go wrong with Gibson, and its VERY easy to with your attitude. I say go for the guit, but consider that you can find a badly made one very quickly.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I want a Melody Maker too! I would just use it at home or studio because like you said its a simple guitar with single coil and a nice thin body. I never tried one out but I am sure there are very comfortable to play!