Ok guys, i'm pretty much set on getting the RR-J2SP from Ishibashi in 3 months time (hopefully they still have some in stock!). It comes with EMG-Hz pickups, and a gain booster. I was just wondering how good this pickup is? Would it be better to swap it out for a EMG 81 or something? Do i have to route the guitar or is the cavity big enough for an active pickup? And yeah, would the gainbooster work with an EMG 81 or any other passive pickup i install? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Personally, I'd switch it out with a Jackson J-50BC so I could get that Alexi tone. You can do whatever you want with the pickup, and there should be enough room for the battery. You could probably wire it so that the EMG-81 and the gain booster run off of the same battery.
I'm not really looking for just the Alexi tone, and i'm sure the J-50BC is damn near impossible to get, especially where i live. So, would the EMG 81 suffice or should i get any other pickup? Btw, I play COB, Arch Enemy, BFMV, Trivium and etc.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
There's been quite a few J-50BC's going on eBay lately. Their prices are cheaper than a new EMG-81. I've seen them go for $80, and I've seen them go for $20. Honestly, I'm not sure about how the 81 would sound with the gain boost. Kerry King from Slayer seems to like how it sounds. I guess listen to some Slayer if you want to know how it would sound?
EMG 81's are actives, not passives. And doesn't Alexi use Blackouts?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I know they are actives, i was just saying if i wanted to install other passive pickups instead of the active EMG 81. And yeah, Alexi uses Blackouts now.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by SupremeACL
EMG 81's are actives, not passives. And doesn't Alexi use Blackouts?

Yes, Alexi uses Blackouts now, but before he switched to Seymour Duncan, he was using Jackson pickups, not EMG's like everyone likes to think.

EDIT: On his Jackson he had Jackson pickups, that is. As for his ESP, there's been a few rumors that he put the J-50BC in them, but I'm not sure if that's true.
Last edited by Vittu0666 at May 11, 2008,