i decided to stop looking for pedals so i sold my mg100dfx, and now im using an ibanez 10 watt. i need to know about any amps in between 30-75 watts (im not gigging at this point im only 13) that have a nice crunchy, heavy distortion. and if it had digital effects that would be great, cuz i dont use too many effects and therefore dont need to buy fancy ones. i want to be able to change channels by foot, and it can be solid state or tube. i dont really have a price range for now, i just need an idea of wat to save up for. around $500-700 would be nice though. all suggestions welcome, stay metal
Cube 60 with a Boss FS-6 i believe its called.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
Cube 60 with a Boss FS-6 i believe its called.

Why would he bother getting a cube when there are several better sounding, high gain tube amps well within his price range?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Why would he bother getting a cube when there are several better sounding, high gain tube amps well within his price range?

i like my cube... :/
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
i like my cube... :/

Have you ever played a Bugera, 5150, Rev Jr., Mesa F30, or any of the standard "cheap, high- gain tube amp" responses?
the rev jr seems fine, but it doesnt have many features its a shame krank only makes like 3 different amps well keep on posting guys, does mesa boogie make any amps that would be good for me btw?
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the rev jr seems fine, but it doesnt have many features its a shame krank only makes like 3 different amps well keep on posting guys, does mesa boogie make any amps that would be good for me btw?

I actually own an F30, which is also a good choice. It's got a smidge less gain than the 5150, Rev Jr, and most of the other affordable high- gain tubes, but for my money it's also got the best cleans and OD.

What do you mean when you say it doesn't have many features? Are you looking for amp models or something, because you won't find any on decent tube amps.
has anyone here ever played on a peavey valveking? it seems nice and im wondering if the distortion gets heavy enough for not necessarily death but metallica/mastodon kinda distortion. keep on posting ppl
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
has anyone here ever played on a peavey valveking? it seems nice and im wondering if the distortion gets heavy enough for not necessarily death but metallica/mastodon kinda distortion. keep on posting ppl

Yeah most peoples complaints are that the Valveking is kind of stuck with a "trash" voicing but I guess that's a plus a for you. Go check it out definitely.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
oh yeah and im talking about the combo valveking not the half-stack

I foster a strong disliking for the Valveking. Primarily because it doesn't sound nearly as good as good doing high- gain as say, a 5150 or Bugera, nor does it do classic rock tones as well as a Classic 30. It's a jack of most trades, definitely not a master of any imo.
Lots of good stuff in that price range, but if you're just practicing on your own...you really have to choose if you want to just buy a practice amp for now, or a more seirous amp that will last you. If you're just after a practice amp...grab a Cube 30, or Ibanez Valbee or something, and be down with if. If you decide you want something more serious...Valvekings, Randall RG50TC, Windsors, Crate V's, Peavey Classics, used 5150's, some Mesa F series amps, XXX combos, Bugera....it's a long list.