Howdy folks
I'm looking to get two guitars at the beginning of next month, one of which is for metal (and therefore destined to have a lovely pink bow around its neck for irony when I give it to my girlfriend :p and the other is for me. I want something with SSS config, just because I love the overdriven SC sound which I just can't get any more, since both my guitars are HH. I want it to look at home playing the likes of Clapton or Knopfler, general classic rock and bluesy stuff so I'm either going to get a strat or jazzmaster copy. Problem being, I've seen just about every strat finish going, and I'd really like something original, since I'm already going for a fairly common body shape.

Anyone fancy trying to help me out?

Peace
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Quote by hippiebass
Crash inspired paintjob?

You have successfully made me feel stupid as I've no idea what you mean . . .

jimRH7 - If you mean give it a carved top, that's not really an option as I'm looking to keep the scratchplate . . . if you mean carve designs into it, that is an interesting possibility, since woodcarving is one of my favourite hobbies . . .
No... he;s buying a guitar. He just wants a unique paintjob.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I've thought about the carving and I think it's a no-go. I just can't think of anything worth carving into it, and I like having the option of changing the finish later on. I've still no idea how to paint it, though . . .
I'm not sure why, but I REALLY like that. Maybe not in pink, but still How could I get a finish like that?
Quote by even_flow
I'm not sure why, but I REALLY like that. Maybe not in pink, but still How could I get a finish like that?

Material finish. If you read the sticky at the top of the forum, there is a link to a tutorial telling you how to do them. It seems *quite* easy. All you do is buy the paisley material- that is pink paisley, but it is available in many colours/designs
Quote by supergerbil
Material finish. If you read the sticky at the top of the forum, there is a link to a tutorial telling you how to do them. It seems *quite* easy. All you do is buy the paisley material- that is pink paisley, but it is available in many colours/designs

Sweeeeet, thanks man. Definitely a consideration now, though I'm not sure how well it'd take to the curves, unless I painted the back and sides a flat colour . . .
Quote by even_flow
Sweeeeet, thanks man. Definitely a consideration now, though I'm not sure how well it'd take to the curves, unless I painted the back and sides a flat colour . . .

well, if its cotton, it will stretch. In that tutorial it shows the guy doing a tummy cut so it obvioulsy works
Quote by supergerbil
well, if its cotton, it will stretch. In that tutorial it shows the guy doing a tummy cut so it obvioulsy works

Yeah, that's true. Though right now, I'm thinking that I'll just cover the front, and the slight rise at the edge of the fabric will be either sanded down once the filler is on and dry, or I'll patch it with a bit of body filler, before doing a very slight burst to blend it, probably in black.

I've not found a paisley that I like yet, but I did find this:

Which I really like. The same website has a few other things I'm interested in, but that's top of the list right now.

If all else fails and I realise I cba with a material finish, right now I think I'll go for a black finish with a hand-painted rose in white with lots of offshoots and the like. Kinda resembling a tattoo my girlfriend's getting actually.

Peace!