Page 1 of 2
I am pretty much an amp-tard. Now I heard one of these this morning in person, it was the 6260 head, through a pair of celestion g12h 80's...

I was perplexed at how good it sounded. The company has something figured out, that none of the other companies do... It sounded like a high-dollar high-gain krankenballsack/mesa-titty,etc amp.

Why are they so ****ing cheap?

a new all-tube head, at 500 bucks? if that? There has to be more to it... is it manufacturing location? are they secretely unreliable as ****? if you crack em open is it wired with chinese pubic hair? what is the damn deal? I am seriously considering buying one of these 2x12 combos or a head or something.

I mean, literally. I may be an amp-tard, but i have owned a mesa/boogie, high dollar randall tube head, a peavey JSX, and borrowed/owned an orange head (dont remember which one, i just know it was...orange colored haha), I know what big-time high-dollar company **** sounds like, and i gotta say, this was no different. Now... the only reason bugera won't catch on, i believe, is the psychological aspect of "tube-amp" prices... people will get that social dominance complex of well my amp costs this much, so it naturally sounds better. I am a secret psychologist, therefore i love lab tests... I will have some blind-tests with my mesa/boogie and my friends orange soon with a bugera, assuming i buy one. we will just see how keen these amp mongrels are as to what is "t3h sex" and what is ****ty. Ofcourse, there will be no EQ, and it will be straight shure mic-age into my computer.

Now, the 6260 was okay, and i really have no faith in poo-tube for tone with amps...

which one, would you guys say, is the most well-rounded... id really like a combo, but a head i guess i can work with. i play in a jazz/blues band, and i play in a hard rock/borderline metal band. oh and if you are wondering, the reason why i sold all those other "professional" amps i had is because its kind of what i do, i flip ****. i buy it for cheap, use it for awile, then i sell it for what its really worth. i check the local classifieds, and i thrive off of other peoples endless debt lists/misfortunes who must sell their musical equipment.
I have heard these amps literally blow up. But I have no personal experience with them. But The Brand B-52 Sells amps very cheaply, and they are at least somewhat reliable.
I have played b-52. its okay, i have also heard that these bugera amps are dangerous with frying... yet they sound so ****ing good, compared to b-52 they just blow it away entirely. i know my way around electronics, i took a few classes in school and i have built cabinets, and i work with a guy who is a retired govornment electrician/engineer so im sure he could help me go through and re-wire...
The speakers you were listening to it thru didn't hurt either.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Check any of the 352 existing Bugera amp threads for more info.

There is a BUGERA THREAD if you would use the search bar..
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at May 11, 2008,
You have to remember that tone is subjective. What sounds good to one person might sound like turd to the other. I've only heard clips of this amp on youtube and from those it sounds really good. There are better amps out there though imo, like the Engl Blackmore.
Quote by jimmy666page666
There is a BUGERA THREAD if you would use the serch bar..

Serch bar
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by david_safc
imo, like the Engl Blackmore.

The Blackmore is a good amp, but I think a Bogner Uberschall is a lot better.

in case you missed it, the Blackmore costs a lot more than a Bugera
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You know what, f uck off with your constant search comments man. I haven't seen a single of your posts worth reading yet.

It was a valid comment, and I guess I could say the same about your posts.

Quote by LP Addict
So quick to flame? Want to feel better about yourself for something?

youu wannnnaa talkkk about itttt?

How was that flaming? He was just telling you to use the search bar before making a thread, which is what you probably should be doing anyway.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at May 11, 2008,
Quote by rhcp_freak
It was a valid comment, and I guess I could say the same about your posts.

Whatever bloke.
Quote by Fama
The Blackmore is a good amp, but I think a Bogner Uberschall is a lot better.

in case you missed it, the Blackmore costs a lot more than a Bugera

Yeah I know, only cost me £150 more though which isn't much. The Bogner would cost me an extra £1500 on top of the Blackmore and I personally prefer the voicing of the Engl from the little I've heard of the Uberschall, which is still an extremely nice amp.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Whatever bloke.

That's a first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by david_safc
Yeah I know, only cost me £150 more though which isn't much. The Bogner would cost me an extra £1500 on top of the Blackmore and I personally prefer the voicing of the Engl from the little I've heard of the Uberschall, which is still an extremely nice amp.

The Uberschall is a great amp. Very unique voicing. The Blackmore isn't even in the same neighborhood as the Bogner IMHO.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Whatever bloke.
Was that a comeback??
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
Was that a comeback??

Sounds like he worked out my gender.

for the nub.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You know what, f uck off with your constant search comments man. I haven't seen a single of your posts worth reading yet.

PFFFFT

i read one of your posts

it was something about the killer OD channel on a SS 10 watt MG practise amp was it not?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
PFFFFT

i read one of your posts

it was something about the killer OD channel on a SS 10 watt MG practise amp was it not?

I can tell you really read it. Geesh...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
PFFFFT

i read one of your posts

I read something similar today. . . . . something about the amp's of one of the oldest and most reputable guitar/amp companies being shit and unreliable. Strange . . . .
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
I read something similar today. . . . . something about the amp's of one of the oldest and most reputable guitar/amp companies being shit and unreliable. Strange . . . .

Yup, that was me. I'm not hiding.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I can tell you really read it. Geesh...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geesh

I didn't think it was a word but . . . . .
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Do you ever think that if they were so unreliable and they broke constantly that they'd be one of the most respected guitar brands in the World?
how about...
all of you are gay.

for arguing on the internet.

lets meet somewhere for a UG fight to the death, if not, quit whining.
fight the power that be
Quote by Guitarzan1143
how about...
all of you are gay.

for arguing on the internet.

lets meet somewhere for a UG fight to the death, if not, quit whining.

The irony is baffling.
Quote by thellamaking
The irony is baffling.

+1
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Who are YOU??

This IS a guitar forum, with people from all around the world. Don't expect to have to know everyone.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Way to make a whole thread useless guys. You're cool.

Too rights.

Anyway, this thread isn't go anywhere. Can we just let it die?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Way to make a whole thread useless guys. You're cool.
That's rich coming from the 29 year old who spends all his time on a forum populated by mostly teenagers
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
That's rich coming from the 29 year old who spends all his time on a forum populated by mostly teenagers

Who's 29? What are you talking about? Where do you get off saying something like that anyway? What are you, a f'n life coach??? SIT DOWN!
Quote by jxljxl

hahahaha
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Who's 29? What are you talking about? Where do you get off saying something like that anyway? What are you, a f'n life coach??? SIT DOWN!

You.

your birthday's 1979 according to your profile.
Page 1 of 2