I'm getting a root canal tomorrow and I was wondering if anybody can tell me whose had one how bad it is. I've heard mixed opinions on it, and im pretty much expecting that im gonna cry like a little baby through the whole thing. Any advice?
Its hurts like hell. You're in for a rough ride and prepare to be mentally scarred for life by the pain, seriously.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I laugh in your general direction.

Dentists scare the Black out of me
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
ive had about 4 or 5 root canals.. and im sure that they would give you a healthy dose of novocaine (sp?) before they start escavating around in your mouth..

so you wont feel a thing... although your jaw might get sore from having to keep it open for a period of time..
"Help me God. I'm so tired. I need my sleep. I need 8 hours a day ...and about 10 at night and i'm good..."
i didnt feel a thing, your way too doped out on drugs. dont even worry about it, just prepare mentally before hand
Call me Jack
It's not that bad at all. When I got mine done I sat and listened to music for like and hour while the played with my teeth. Didn't really feel much, thank you novacaine.
One Love, One Heart, Let's Get Together And Feel Alright

Member of UG's Vegetarian Club. Add to sig to join!
I haven't had one, but when my mom had it she was so messed up on the drugs she doesn't remember the day it happened except for a few details.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
don't worry dude, just follow the trail and after a while you'll get to water hazard, wich imo is a bit funnier =)
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
I was told I might need one when I got a filling a few months ago. I don't, thank god. I'd say its hell.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
you'll be fine. dentists are good people, man. you wont feel a thing, just a little pain afterwards. just remember to breathe through your nose during the procedure. it helps to control your gag reflex, which could react strongly to the procedure.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by MangeRamone
don't worry dude, just follow the trail and after a while you'll get to water hazard, wich imo is a bit funnier =)

Haha, I wonder how many people are going to get that?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
i all most had to get one...

i didn't lucky huh

the dentist person said it wont hurt during but after id have to get some pain killers or sommat
my mom has had that a few times I think...apparently they pull out your nerve during the procedure which probably hurts like a bitch....you'll live though...I find that all dental procedures are very uncomfortable....even the standard cleanings
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I had one, man, and it was terrible. Most physically unpleasant thing I've ever experienced. I'm sorry to be one of the bearers of bad news.
Can't stop the signal.
ive read about them because i was curious as to how bad they really were. from what ive read, most of the time it wont be that painful. it used to be, but now dentists can perform them without causing too much pain.

now if you have a dentist that isnt all that good, it might be worse.