My thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857725 just got closed and I was wondering why.

Is it because UG is English only, and my title gave that impression. Or is there an unwritten rule where I can't post translation threads or something like that. Or is it because I should Google it. I don't really know...
spanish-english dictionaries are accurate for words. it's just phrases that you don't use online translations for.

google or any dictionary could have answered your question. also the mod who closed it was probably just sick of 'do my homework' threads.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Probably because you should do you own homework and not ask us to do it for you. I also find that the online translating dictionaries are pretty accurate when translating only 1 word at a time.
well i can't help you on answering your question but I can say that an acoustic guitar= una guitarra acustica (there's an accent on the u)
Quote by Thornography
Probably because you should do you own homework and not ask us to do it for you. I also find that the online translating dictionaries are pretty accurate when translating only 1 word at a time.

It's not, that, I'm a straight A student, just my teacher has always told us not to use online dictionaries, so I turn to the internet for Spanish speakers.
it wasn't me who closed it so i can't say for sure but some valid reasons have been stated so far:

- UG isn't here to do your homework for you
- you can quite easily find this information for yourself, online, in a spanish/english dictionary, or by asking classmates for help

the pit is supposed to be for general discussion of topics, not translating spanish words for someone
from daylight...
...into darkness
Hello Guys,

Can I post signature up here in forum or else should remove it ? Please advice as i dont wanna get kicked out by admin.