That feature was just dumb. It might be possible to pick the 50 guitarists who make the best use of fast playing, but I'm sure at least 49 of the 50 fastest guitarists are random idiots who sit in their parents basements and try to trem pick as fast as humanly possible.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
?

i dont think it put them in any order, it was just a group of 50 fast guitarists.

although im a little disappointed that devin townsend wasnt on the list, hes one of the better guitarists/musicians out there today.
check the sticky at the top of the page for a decent list of the fastest guitarists.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It was a decent list from what I remember. It's not so much the "fastest" list, but a list featuring prominent and influential shredders.

I was surprised not to see Zakk Wylde on that list, given GW's history of licking his nuts. He did make the honorable mention list, however.

All the regulars are there, and good inclusions. Fair list.
Quote by spinalshred
?

i dont think it put them in any order, it was just a group of 50 fast guitarists.

although im a little disappointed that devin townsend wasnt on the list, hes one of the better guitarists/musicians out there today.

I agree, I don't think they were in any order, however, Rusty Cooley didn't even make the list (well, he got an honnerable mention).

I agree that the feature was dumb. I am a "shredder" and still thought the article was stupid. I'm considering writing a letter to guitar world voicing my displeasure, but I have a strange feeling that they will already be swarmed with more letters than they can handle.
Yeah, they seemed to be catering to their wider fanbase with Synester Gates (no offense, but how can you take someone with that name seriously?) and Herman Li. They did do good by putting Django in, however.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
^They put Synester Gates in? God, Guitar World really has gone to the dogs...

And he was on there, but Zakk Wylde (who isn't my favourite player by any means but is pretty fast) wasn't? Madness.
Quote by Brian Bucket
Buckethead is most likely the best in the world, soul, style, speed.

you bumped a month old thread to post that?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
well for one, most of it's irrelevant to the thread and the only thing that could be relevant to the thread is incorrect.

I just can't believe that some people would go looking for old threads to bump. it astounds me.

Quote by element4433