So Im going to Naples on holidays this summer, anyone live there or been there before? Any info about what the weathers like in June or what the people are like would be cool.

Thanks in advancee.
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
yeah, been there.
it's nice, a bunch of old people and nice beaches and cool guitar stores.
all roads lead to rome
it's alright. the main streets have a bunch of cool restaurants and the beaches are nice.

but there's a lot of old people!
It's Florida. Warm weather + Old people + Lots of tourists + Lots of Cubans. The normal stuff.
Quote by hard to explain
So Im going to Naples on holidays this summer, anyone live there or been there before? Any info about what the weathers like in June or what the people are like would be cool.

Thanks in advancee.
i love the place, the problem with the likes of orlando is its VERY HUMID whereas Naples, ya get the the heat without high humidity
the scenery is beutiful,people are really nice, beaches are amazing and theres some good guitar stores
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Its in florida... it will be 400 degrees. Pack tons of shorts. I don't live in Naples but it is near me. Just praise the gods that you aren't coming in august or you would roast to death.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I think you might want to pick another place to go, only because of the weather. I've lived in Florida (4 hours North of Naples) my whole life and I HATE it. During the summertime I pretty much schedule my life around staying in the A/C or swimming. If something comes up that those two priorities don't encompass, forget it.

So unless you're going to be swimming pretty much every second of your vacation, go somewhere else. The heat will quite probably kill you. I know right now you're thinking, 'oh cool, it will be nice and tropical!' No. It will be hell.

EDIT: And to Masamune's post, with humidity added to June's high 90's temperature, it will feel more like 105-110.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I think you might want to pick another place to go, only because of the weather. I've lived in Florida (4 hours North of Naples) my whole life and I HATE it. During the summertime I pretty much schedule my life around staying in the A/C or swimming. If something comes up that those two priorities don't encompass, forget it.

So unless you're going to be swimming pretty much every second of your vacation, go somewhere else. The heat will quite probably kill you. I know right now you're thinking, 'oh cool, it will be nice and tropical!' No. It will be hell.

EDIT: And to Masamune's post, with humidity added to June's high 90's temperature, it will feel more like 105-110.

Yeah, that's true.

btw join the group in my sig.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Dont worry the only people from places like Ireland go on holidays is for the hot weather as we get none here! Iv been to hotter countries before such as Tunisia and Turkey where it was at least 40 degrees celcius every day and i found it to be really nice! I'v seen pics of the beaches and they do look really nice!
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
Quote by hard to explain

Thanks in advancee.

The heat's gonna own you.

I remember it being pretty nice there. Haven't been there for a while though.
Quote by hard to explain
Dont worry the only people from places like Ireland go on holidays is for the hot weather as we get none here! Iv been to hotter countries before such as Tunisia and Turkey where it was at least 40 degrees celcius every day and i found it to be really nice! I'v seen pics of the beaches and they do look really nice!

You don't understand!! Florida is worse. You're going to walk off the plane and have trouble breathing lol. Its about the humidity. The heat alone is nothing special but the humidity makes the air so oppressive. Never a cool breeze, either (in the summertime, anyway).
We're only strays.
Im in Miami. Never been to Naples before but I heard that theres alot of old people there
Quote by hard to explain

yeah dude, take it from a fellow irishman haha, its really hot, but its such a change from the ****ty asses weather, i loved the heat in naples, and it was like 90+/100 when i was there,( i went in july/august) but its so much cooler than orlando, orlando in that weather made it hardish to breathe haha, but naples was perfect... imo

btw it was like 90+ something humidity at the time
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Hey, i live in Florida. I have a friend that is from Naples.

Tom Gable from Against Me! is from Naples as well.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
You don't understand!! Florida is worse. You're going to walk off the plane and have trouble breathing lol. Its about the humidity. The heat alone is nothing special but the humidity makes the air so oppressive. Never a cool breeze, either (in the summertime, anyway).

Once I went to Mexico from Florida. In Mexico the mornings and nights are cold so I got used to it. Got back to Miami and as soon as I walked out the airport doors, it was like there was no AIR!!! And it was around 8pm!!
Hey, i'm from England..looks like i'll be staying around Tampa for 3weeks or so in August.

Anything HXC to do? Guitar stores / local gigs / must-sees?
Quote by Hypnotisation
Hey, i'm from England..looks like i'll be staying around Tampa for 3weeks or so in August.

Hillsborough Ave. there's a Guitar Center there, very cool dude, with long hair that works there, his name's Allen so watch for that. if you're into Metalcore, there's a bunch of local gigs around here, especially in Skate Park Of Tampa. Busch Gardens, its a pretty good amusement park. Ybor City is also pretty amazing for night clubs and what not, you'll have a decent time here.
Quote by Eric 666
Hillsborough Ave. there's a Guitar Center there, very cool dude, with long hair that works there, his name's Allen so watch for that. if you're into Metalcore, there's a bunch of local gigs around here, especially in Skate Park Of Tampa. Busch Gardens, its a pretty good amusement park. Ybor City is also pretty amazing for night clubs and what not, you'll have a decent time here.

Nice one, might go shopping for a new bass while i'm over there depending on my exam results. ..and if it'll cost loads to get back to the UK

Oh, and TS, sorry to hijack your thread.
i live in florida and al i can say prepare for pure hot weather and rain..never been to naples, but its probably going to be the same.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Naples looks like a cross between the words "staples" and "nipples".

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Im guessing it get its name from Naples in Italy?

Maynard James Keenan
Quote by Hypnotisation

Tampa is probably the best place for music in Florida. Very 'young' and 'hip' town. I live about an hour away.

Theres lots to do other than music as well.

Quote by hard to explain
Im guessing it get its name from Naples in Italy?

Yes a lot of towns here by the beach are named after Italian towns,

such as a town thats about 15 mins away from me called Venice.
Well, right now florida is in a drought, there have been some massive brush fires so have fun with this.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
naples is really just a tourist town. i've never actually been there, but driving past it, it doesn't look like there's much to do other than eat and go to the beach.