I am not happy with the selection of left-handed guitars seeing as I'm only comfertable playing with V-shaped guitars, I currently have a left-handed LTD Alexi-200. I wish to get a jackson, nothing special just another newbie-level guitar. Would it be possible to "flip the strings" on this guitar so that I can play it left handed. I know the knobs will be distractive but I've learned to avoid them.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JAC2940012

Thank you guys, hungover as hell.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Looks nice i think. And even tho having a long bottom horn on the bottom would look weird imo, go for it. Just make sure you flip the nut around, reintonate it, and maybe adjust the pickups.
I don't care about music critics trying to bug me because my guitar looks stupid to them, I just need a real answer, somebody that has experience with flipping. Thanks all.

Edit: ^ Thanks for letting me know it is possible.

I'm not the most experienced player, lol.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
[not] Highly Recommended

He didn't ask about looks, he asked if it was possible. You'd probably have to flip the nut as well, but it is within the realm of possibility.
Damn I wish it had 24 frets, oh well. I love that paintjob. Would perhaps my local guitar shops be able to do this process for some money?

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
Damn I wish it had 24 frets, oh well. I love that paintjob. Would perhaps my local guitar shops be able to do this process for some money?

Which process? All the switcherroo-in?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Didn't hendrix just flip the guitar the other way round? Or am I thinking of someone else.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Didn't hendrix just flip the guitar the other way round? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Yes Hendrix did. I also feel more comfertable with the larger wing of the V in my lap, so it would work well with this model.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
If you flipped it you would need to flip the nut and pick-ups. thats about all you need to do. Hendrix did flip his guitar... He got that fender from the guy in ZZ Top in a trade. The guitar was made to look like a right hander but flipped and it had the nut and pick-ups all flipped aswell. So just flip your strings, nut and pick-ups.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
If you flipped it you would need to flip the nut and pick-ups. thats about all you need to do. Hendrix did flip his guitar... He got that fender from the guy in ZZ Top in a trade. The guitar was made to look like a right hander but flipped and it had the nut and pick-ups all flipped aswell. So just flip your strings, nut and pick-ups.
Flipping the pickups serves absolutely no purpose. I have no idea why you would suggest such a thing. and a nut can't be flipped. The slots will be slanted the wrong way. Down toward the fret board when flipped, instead of down toward the head. A new nut will be necessary.

Also, all six bridge saddles will need to exchange positions in a mirror fashion so the saddle with the widest groove will be in the right position for the low E.

All this is do-able. But here's the big problem. IF the guitar you're looking at has a tunomatic, like the one shown in the picture, the bridge will likely be mounted on an angle with the low E end closer toward the tail. If you flip your strings around, you probably will run out of range and never be able to correctly set the intonation. You won't be able to get the low E far enough toward the tail, or the high e far enough toward the neck.

Fender style hardtails and trems have a lot of adjustment possible in the saddles. Tuno's have very little. That's why most are mounted on an angle.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to flip this, if it has a tuno.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Flipping the pickups serves absolutely no purpose. I have no idea why you would suggest such a thing. and a nut can't be flipped. The slots will be slanted the wrong way. Down toward the fret board when flipped, instead of down toward the head. A new nut will be necessary.

Also, all six bridge saddles will need to exchange positions in a mirror fashion so the saddle with the widest groove will be in the right position for the low E.

All this is do-able. But here's the big problem. IF the guitar you're looking at has a tunomatic, like the one shown in the picture, the bridge will likely be mounted on an angle with the low E end closer toward the tail. If you flip your strings around, you probably will run out of range and never be able to correctly set the intonation. You won't be able to get the low E far enough toward the tail, or the high e far enough toward the neck.

Fender style hardtails and trems have a lot of adjustment possible in the saddles. Tuno's have very little. That's why most are mounted on an angle.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to flip this, if it has a tuno.

Yikes.. :S

I might just save up enough money to go with a left-handed dean razorback explosion, kind of a steep price for me, but I have no f'in clue what a lot of that information means, so I might just save my time and go big. Thanks a lot for informing me though.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW