This was a Myspace bulletin I posted yesterday, about my adventures with one of my friends last night. So, don't mind the names and places which you may not understand. I just thought some UG'ers may appreciate this...

"So, I went to the mall with Heroin Bob today. Granted, by mall, I actually mean Salem, in general. So, we stopped at the Army Barracks.

They have a clothing selection, and they have quite a few shirts with a Che Guevara face on them. Hell, one of the shirts even reads, "You can KILL the Revolution, but you will never STOP the Revolution!". But, this peaks my interest.

First of all, Che Guevara was an Argentinian guerrilla leader who, after moving to Cuba, led a revolution against capitalism. This man fought FOR Communism, so he could prevent Cuba from being turned into a Capitalist cesspool. By selling a shirt with the face of Che Guevara on it, not only is that supporting Capitalism, but it's also taking away the idea of a creative mind. Being a true revolutionary would mean making the shirt yourself to show your true respect.

Second, the United States government hired CIA operatives to infiltrate Guerrilla camps and assassinate Ernesto Che Guevara. So, here we have members of the United States Military, killing the man.

This leads me to this question - Why in the **** is a store called "The Army Barracks" selling a shirt that symbolizes Che Guevara and the revolution he led? Is this hypocritical? Is this ironic? What the **** is this?

It's hilarious. That's what."
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
What is it? It's a shirt.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It sells, most people don't know who he is but still but the shirts

It is ironic then I guess, seeing as he was all communist, but he wasn't totally against any form of capitlasim was he?
I really didn't find it that funny....but it's a good hit of irony.

Your sig made me laugh though if that's any consellation.
I wish I were your Myspace friend so I could read your totally not obvious and overdone rants.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by severed-metal
I really didn't find it that funny....but it's a good hit of irony.

Your sig made me laugh though if that's any consellation.

I agree, though I don't think it was meant to be funny.
it's not his ideology that sells, it's the fact that he embodies youthful rebellion, he has become a symbol, whether Ernesto would like it or not
Its a product thats guarenteed to shift,

Buisness isnt about morals mate......
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
i lost track of what that said tbh
the whole reason why people wear those shirts is cus it looks cool though
the true meaning of irony is a firemans house burning down though =D
or a policemans house being burgled
Can I have that minute of my life back please? I'm sure I could have done more with it, like staring blankly into space.
Quote by dave_metal

That's not irony, that's a coincidence, get it right.
Last edited by Horlicks at May 11, 2008,
Quote by dave_metal

Nah they just piss you off :P

Irony is when the Pope gets declared of Heresy...
Che Guevara is overhyped nonsensical bullcrap. He just looks cool on a t shirt and a poster. It makes you seem like a revolutionary and its cool to go against the grain... at this time in the century anyway. I think it'll be cool to have the Queen on a t shirt soon...
The true definition of the term "Old"...
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Che Guevara is overhyped nonsensical bullcrap. He just looks cool on a t shirt and a poster. It makes you seem like a revolutionary and its cool to go against the grain... at this time in the century anyway. I think it'll be cool to have the Queen on a t shirt soon...

OMG what a great idea!

-runs out to get a hundred Queen T-shirts-

It be al kewl lyke at skool.
Che Guevara is overhyped nonsensical bullcrap.

how can a human being be nonsensical?

he was a guy that did stuff back in the 60s, the fact his image is more famous than he is, is due to as you said going against the grain
Quote by AngryGoldfish

I think Che Guevara was actually a really good guy, and what he did was wonderful for who he did it for, but I just think people overlook meaning nowadays, and focus more on image.

And...didn't the whole Queen thing happen during the outbreak of the Punk scene?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
didn't the whole Queen thing happen during the outbreak of the Punk scene?

but it was ironic
Irony or concession?

“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
Quote by Jekkyl
Capitalist cesspool

pssh...stop dissing capitalism, u owe ur quality of living to it.
Che is rolling over in his grave, at everything, and everyone.

I want a shirt with George Bush in the same style the Che shirts are done.