Hey everybody... You see, I have an Epiphone SG 310, and I love it. I got it about 5 months ago. But a few days ago, I was sitting down, playing it while my friend was over, and he got up to stretch, and kicked the chord. What happened was, since the Patch chord is sticking right out, it just broke the wood. Now there's a hole a bit bigger than the roundness of my thumb. The Output Jack still works if I get it plugged in, but it doesn't stay in and just moves around inside the body with all of the other wires. I was just wondering if anybody knew how hard\easy you think it'd be to fix, and how much it'd be at an average music store.

Thanks
kill your friend. seriously. you have to, and i'm sorry, but it's just a fact of life.
_______
|||||||||||||||
+1 on killing the friend...

You could try wood filler but I'm not sure how well it would work (but having said that, never done anything like that).

Try posting in the customisation bit of the forum. They'll know more about how to fix it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
There's this stuff called "Kneed-It" that's a polymer epoxy repair system. It's not wood paste, but it's designed to work on several surfaces including wood, and adheres well to it. It's very strong, most likely as strong as the existing wood there, so it's very ideal for repairing just about any wood cavity.

The only thing is, once it dries it's very hard, so screwing into it is dangerous cause you can expand it and crack the wood. If you do want to put screws into it, you have to do so within roughly 2 minutes of it drying, while it's still quite soft, so that the material can work it's way around the screw and create a new thread without damaging the wood.

I've heard that it's great for repairing large chunks that have been taken out of wood, and you can paint it too.
Wood putty wont work to well for this repair. There are some 2 part epoxies that are pretty strong and can be drilled tapped etc. You might just be better off relocating the jack. All the plugging/unplugging pulling on the cord etc will break most half ass repairs pretty quick.