Hey guys, I currently have a Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack and am purchasing (most likely) a used Schecter C-7 Jeff Loomis signature guitar very soon. This particular Jeff Loomis is the OFR (original Floyd Rose) version, and I have never owned a tremolo bridge before. Any tips on what to do once I get it (keep in mind its used), what to look for, how to operate it etc.

Also, any tips for a first-time seven stringer?

I own a Baritone, so I know all about drop tuning if that helps.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Floyds take longer to tune, they seem to give the strings more tension also. And as for 7 strings, I think you will be fine since you are used to baritones.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
Floyds take longer to tune, they seem to give the strings more tension also. And as for 7 strings, I think you will be fine since you are used to baritones.

What exactly do you have to do to tune with an OFR bridge?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
loosen the locking nut and the locking part on the bridge, tune it, adjust the strings to even out the bidge, and then relock everything. But thats really only for major changes. If you need to adjust it a small bit, there should be small fine tuners for that.
Its a pain to tune strings on a floating bridge because very time you change the string tension with the machine heads, you'll be changing the tension on the bridge, and seeing as it floats, it'll change the tension on all the other strings, affecting their tuning. As long as you don't change tunings alot, you should be ok though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1