Im in the process of buying a half stack atm and was going to get a 212 cab and use it w. my Vk till i can afford my windsor head. The problem is my Vk says 16 ohm min. on the back so does that mean i cant use an 8 ohm or is it saying i cant use 32 ohm (ik they dont make 32 ohm cabs) sorry im an amp noob. thanks for any help.
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at May 11, 2008,
That means that the cabs's impedance must be 16ohms or higher (16+, as the number goes up so does the impedance, not the other way around).
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Wait a sec....you have a ValveKing..and your saving up for a Windsor head? I don't even know if that's an upgrade...but ok .

Also, you do know the Windsor has NO cleans right? (just checkin)
i'm not the expert here. i take it you are on page 11 of manual? also which VK do you have? Below is only for 212 and 100 hed.

*if two enclosures of equal impedance are used, the switch (on VK) should be set to half the individual value. For example, two 16 (imp) enclosures necessitate an 8 (imp) setting, while two 8 (imp) enclosures would require a 4 setting.*

so for example, if you got a 212 cab with an impedance of 16 then my guess is you put the switch on 8.

Can someone confirm?

;
i have the 112, and yea i have tried out the windsor and its the only marshally amp in my range that i can try out. Im not 100% sure on what im getting yet though. Im going to sam ash next weekend and spend quite a while there trying everything out. i was thinking a bugera 6262 or a tiny terror or jcm 2000 also but i wouldnt be able to try b4 i bought.

I really really like the sound clips of the bugera on youtube, but dont really know any where to try one out. I play metal (A7x bfmv metallica) and classic rock (gnr) and sometimes blues (zz top)
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at May 11, 2008,