My Valve Junior head will turn on, then fade out after about 30 seconds...I think that the tube might not be in all the way. This is my first tube amp, so I'm not sure. The metal prongs hanging from the top i can see a little bit, which makes my think that the tube isnt pushed in all the way. Also the metal holder at the bottom seems to be a little bit off, so I'm thinking maybe that's why it fades out, because the tube isnt all the way in. If anyone could tell me how to fix this, or post a picture of the back of the head so i can see what its supposed to look like, that would be great. Thanks!
Question: Do you mean "fade out" or "fade in"? Does the sound start, then stop after 30 seconds, or does no sound come out until about thiry seconds afterwards?

If it's the first, I've no idea. If it's the latter, that's the way all tube amps are. The tubes need to warm up for about 15 - 30 seconds first.
Quote by Retribution
Question: Do you mean "fade out" or "fade in"? Does the sound start, then stop after 30 seconds, or does no sound come out until about thiry seconds afterwards?

If it's the first, I've no idea. If it's the latter, that's the way all tube amps are. The tubes need to warm up for about 15 - 30 seconds first.

no, i understand that they're supposed to warm up. once they warm up, they fade out. i watched the tube while this was happening and the prongs on the top, that were glowing as i played just faded out
if it's fading out definitely check to make sure the receptacle ur using it powering another electrical source. with my amp, i had it plugged in the same receptacle that was powering my mini fridge and it would do the same thing.

i'm sure it's nothing major tho!! i hope not anyways!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
if it's fading out definitely check to make sure the receptacle ur using it powering another electrical source. with my amp, i had it plugged in the same receptacle that was powering my mini fridge and it would do the same thing.

i'm sure it's nothing major tho!! i hope not anyways!

tried in different outlet, with nothing else plugged into that outlet and it did the same thing....
Quote by dullsilver_mike
trying pushing the tube in until the prongs aren't exposed any more. see if that fixes it.

are they supposed to be in all the way? i don't want to completely break it