Does anybody else have this on Wednesday? If so, how are they feeling. RE has never really intimidated me as I don't think you need a qualification to prove you have understanding of Ethics and Religion. But, how much work are people putting in for it, etc.?

On Wednesday?

I'm missing something..
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
My maw said i didnt need to go to RE if i didnt want so i got to go to the library and mess around on the vintage internets.
I did last year: I ranted in one of the questions and only got a C :s
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I Got an A in RE at GCSE by making sure I took the most controversial standpoint I could on everything.

"Some people say that Abortion is wrong and unethical due to blah blah blah. I however think that not only should people be allowed to have abortions, but that people should be encouraged to have abortions, frequently and with enthusiasm."
Last edited by rizo299 at May 11, 2008,
GCSE yeah? Don't stress, I fell asleep for the best part of an hour and a half and got a C.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
I had it last year

Its real easy, just fight for whatever you think is right, and give a little bit for the other side too.

Add quotes or something from religious leaders or books, they'll lap it up
That would be because Religious and Ethics studies aren't about having your own opinion. That part is all great and swell, but what the exam board really are looking for is evidence you've memorised (key word, that's all any high school exam really is) all the key points and other peoples evidence/opinions.

In fact, the only good High School subject pretty much was English. It's the only subject you can have your own opinions and insights and be marked up for them. But even then your teacher will probably give you notes or teach you their analysis his/herself.

Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
You're in scotland. That's why.

Do all English schools have the same timetables then? I don't mean to sound jaded, I'm just curious.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
I assume this is for Year 11, I'm on y10 and haven't heard a thing about it. I'm actually quite enjoying the short course - despite it's pointlessness as well as the ICT GCSE. We're onto medical ethics, which is very interesting, and has actually created decent and interesting opinions from my group; which is very rare.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I do

I am not racist, or biased etc but R.E. is a complete waste of time IMO

So, in the exam, because the "marker" has to read every word that is put I'm going to write some completely random ****ed up story

Who else is with me!?
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
I don't really see the point. We get taught the same thing every year. I would much rather study some interesting religions, like Rastifarian or Jedi.
Last edited by hazzmatazz at May 11, 2008,
Quote by hazzmatazz
I don't really see the point. We get taught the same thing every year. I would much rather study some interesting religions, like Rastifarian of Jedi.

Jedi ftw
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
Quote by rocabillyrollup
I do

I am not racist, or biased etc but R.E. is a complete waste of time IMO

So, in the exam, because the "marker" has to read every word that is put I'm going to write some completely random ****ed up story

Who else is with me!?

Hell yeah, RE sucks.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
i have the exam on wednesday ( i havent revised )
Sigs Are For Pussies
I did it last year, it's painfully easy to be honest. I just rambled on about random stuff, thought I'd done terribly and got an A

Good luck!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I have it on Wednesday.

As for revision, 2 hours max the night before, just remembering key words.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I got a BVT (belief, value and traditions) exam wednesday haha.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
ye i have this exam tommorow.
All we do in Re lessons is copy powerpoints into our books.
Waste of a lesson in my opinion.
Trust in me and fall aswell.
Ive got it tomorrow also
im very confident lthough ive not done any revision, i just kinda remeber it much easier than all my other subjucts.
just ahve an opinion and learn some religious opinions and your done.
dont worry bout it, remeber to have a pen that works tho
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Haanz

Do all English schools have the same timetables then? I don't mean to sound jaded, I'm just curious.

Yeah, if they are all on the same exam board, which most are.

Ive got it tomorrow, complete DOS if you ask me

I may have a slight advantage in the fact that I am Christian and both of the things we are doing are Christian, but as someone said before, just learn quotes which you can back up your answers with. Give a religious point of view, someone elses point of view, then your own. Back up with quotes and you just won an A
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)