hey every one,

so i play guitar in a band called cadence (myspace.com/cadence {old recordings blah}), and one of our songs i wanna put a short beat i made on garageband, and a sick intro to our set, but our synth we use now (alesis micron) doesnt allow MP3s. what kind of hardware can i get (with out killing the wallet) that will let us load up and play some mp3s threw it?

thank you very much
You could give the venue a CD with the song on it, and they could play it though the PA. That's what happens here.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Take your MP3 player/CD player to the show with you. Buy a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch cable. Run the cable into whatever the venue tells you to do (direct box? they should have some). Press play when you want the sample.

done.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by TooFast
You could give the venue a CD with the song on it, and they could play it though the PA. That's what happens here.

Ya, that's what my band usually does...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by TooFast

Aye, I've seen a few bands come out to stuff like O Fortuna been played through the PA.
In my band (2-man electronic/indie outfit), I write drum tracks on my laptop for our songs. When we play live, I take the laptop on stage and ask the sound guy to DI it into the mix.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
i would use my ipod but the beat comes in so sudden in the middle of the song, the ipod would take forever to start to play cause thers always that one second delay. im sure therse gotta be a drum pad or a box you can assign certain sounds too isnt there? im willing to spend SOME money atleast nothing over 400.
Couldn't you just convert it from MP3 to a compatible format?