has anyone else noticed that 'new born' by muse is just a shoddy attempt at 'paranoid android' by radiohead.

this has probable been said before as its so obvious but i cba to search
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
Who the flying **** are Muse and Radiohead? :P
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
if anything its an improvement
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Pure_Morning
Who the flying **** are Muse and Radiohead? :P

i don't get this joke

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
Anyone noticed that the new Arctic Monkeys song (well, newish) is a rip-off of Muse's Knights of Cydonia? Everytime it starts on the radio I get excited and then disappointed.

:|
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Every artist rips of another artist in some way or another.

It's called musical influence.

That's understandable if they aren't two bands from the same era doing the same music.

Muse suck.
Radiohead rock.
Quote by original=punk
That's understandable if they aren't two bands from the same era doing the same music.

Muse rock.
Radiohead are boring.

Fixed
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by original=punk

Muse suck.
Radiohead rock.

exactly

theres influence, then there's theft. muse cross the line

ALSO, in the same sort of vein

that Panic song, 9 in the afternoon, i really think it sounds like theyre trying to write a song off sgt peppers, all the horns and harmonies, call it 'influence' if you will, but thats a straight rip

Ok, my personal opinion is that this is a pointless thread.

And that Radiohead are brilliant, while Muse are mediocre.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
muse are good
radiogead or ok: i only the song 'just'(not because of the ****ty mark ronson version: man I hate producers... like timbaland aswell: "4 minutes fricka fricka four minutes... aye aye aye" stfu!!)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by lemon
Fixed

+ so many i cant count
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by meh17
*[long yawn]*

*[long yawn]*

What? yawns are contagious.
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
Radiohead>Muse

Though Muse are pretty good. Muse are more rockish than Radiohead (Muse smashed their loaned gear at their first batle of the bands, didn't they?) but i prefer Radiohead's style.

The Radiohead-Muse discussion is old and boring. And they're not really similar enough for me to boycott Muse so i just mildly enjoy their music.

I think the fact that my favourite Muse song is Starlight and Starlight is one of the least Muse-ish song pretty much sums up my feelings towards Muse.

But i love bassicaly every Radiohead album ever. "Before your insides fall to pieces, you just sit there wishing you could still make love..."
I'm sick of these Radiohead fans ripping on Muse like that. New Born is a song that starts out small but ends up really big, kinda like Paranoid Android. But the songs themselves aren't that similar at all (in my eyes). Sure Muse is influenced quite heavily by Radiohead but really, the guys from Muse have really distanced themselves from being a Radiohead knock-off. This is coming from a guy who likes Paranoid Android more than New Born and likes Radiohead [just a little] more than Radiohead.
"and likes Radiohead [just a little] more than Radiohead."
que?
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
New Born sounds nothing like paranoid android at all. Not in terms of progression, not in terms of anything. Radiohead and Muse's music dont sound similar at all. Thom and Matt's voices are the only thing you could say resemble one another. Radiohead just writes a bunch of slow music then throws in a bunch of experimental elements to seem deep. They are great, just they aren't rock music at all they are just weird (I own every radiohead album so not saying this out of ignorance). Muse kicks radioheads ass in terms of:
1) Live Music
2) Kicking ass and taking names
3) Consistently good songs (haven't written a bad one yet, including b-sides)
4) Lyrics (radiohead's are complete crap)
5)Matt puts more emotion into singing, thom is lazy and uses a soft falsetto instead of manning it up with his head voice
6) Muse don't be weird just because they need something to stand out from the crowd; they are already stand out because they write kickass songs
7) What the hell was radiohead thinking with Amnesiac?

Think I've either proved my point or proved im biased. Either way, I'm right in my own mind.
New Born is not equal to paranoid android in any way. Don't see how you get that at all, probably just think that cause you dislike Muse so you join the bandwagon of radiohead-fan hate and try to bag on them.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Last edited by powerstroke at May 11, 2008,
Quote by sofubar
Anyone noticed that the new Arctic Monkeys song (well, newish) is a rip-off of Muse's Knights of Cydonia? Everytime it starts on the radio I get excited and then disappointed.

:|

1. It's The Last Shadow Puppets, not Arctic Monkeys

2. Oh yes, they both have strummed guitars so it's obviously a rip-off. They sound slightly similar, that is all.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
I don't care. I love both bands and own every CDs/DVDs
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Besides a little bit the falsetto, Muse sounds NOTHING like radiohead. I like both bands a lot, but they are really not very similar. And Muse kicks radiohead's ass.
The two bands are totally different now. Seriously. Compare BH&R to In Rainbows. It's not even the same genre of music.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I think that although Radiohead and Muse occupy the same genre, they're pretty distinct as bands, especially from each other. Similarities between the bands shouldn't be seen as theft or anything like that, they just play the same genre of music. Like I said, though, aside from the fact that they play the same style of music, they're very different from each other. I can't really compare the two. Anyways, I say both bands are awesome.