Hey Hmmm I've Kind've Been Having Problems When Adjusting My Bass Tone To The Type Of Bass Tone That August Burns Red, Bring Me The Horizon, I Killed The Prom Queen and The Devil Wears Prada use

My Amp Is A Fender BXR ...Instead Of Treble, Bass, Mid, Volume It Has A Graphic Equalizer....Low - High....and Gain

My Bass Is A Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass 5-String

I Got That Tone When I Tune To Standard Or Drop D
But My Band Uses Drop C
And Then My Tone Gets All Messed Up

Idk Why This Happens...but Whatever
could anyone probably tell what to set it to get a good bass tone for metal/hardcore/screamo
You Look Like An Idiot When You Type Like This.

This is what I would suggest:

1. A bit of grit. Just a little overdrive/distortion.
2. Get some treble. It'll make you sound more aggressive.
3. If your hurting for volume, cut the really low bass (i.e. around 50 hz)
4. Boost somewhere in your mids. Find out where you like it the most.
Why would ANYONE want to type like that? I can understand lazy people using abbreviations but this is actual taking extra time just to look retarded.
IndianRockStar is right on.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by MustangMan311
Personally, I say make the mids and highs just a tad higher than the bass, and advise against Indian's overdrive advice. It will either sound like **** or not cut through at all with the other distortion on the guitars.

It could sound like ****, but overdrive is much, much better than distortion or fuzz within the context of this music.
Quote by MustangMan311
Personally, I say make the mids and highs just a tad higher than the bass, and advise against Indian's overdrive advice. It will either sound like **** or not cut through at all with the other distortion on the guitars.

The EQing is all preference. Many like the tone of reduced mids, others like them boosted to cut through easily. So long as you are sensible with any cuts oo boosts, almost an EQ can work.

And overdrive often works very well in metal. It is fuzz and distortion that don't work so well, as they really add mud to your tone. Overdrive adds grit in its practical effect.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1