I want to start exploring some new kinds of tunings other than your standard tuning and drop d. I've messed around with open e for a while but i'm looking for a very unique, unsual and creepy sounding tuning. Anybody know of any?
thanks
F-Bb-D-G-Bb-E

Ready made dissonance, and really easy to make some droning riffs.
drop b and drop a to your service. but srsly check out in flames's song "wayfaerer" and check out its tuning. now thats serious business.
Quote by xtreme2ya
drop b and drop a to your service. but srsly check out in flames's song "wayfaerer" and check out its tuning. now thats serious business.
Drop A and Drop B are still the same intervals as Drop-D. They're aren't really different.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Drop A and Drop B are still the same intervals as Drop-D. They're aren't really different.

yeah, i know, but they're still kick-ass though..
Quote by bangoodcharlote

Unless you wanna be cool and use strict Drop A and Drop B. That is, AADGBe and BADGBe. BADGBe is a fantastic tuning. I have a lot of fun with that one.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Unless you wanna be cool and use strict Drop A and Drop B. That is, AADGBe and BADGBe. BADGBe is a fantastic tuning. I have a lot of fun with that one.
Those are what Drop-B and Drop-A should mean. Those are different than Drop-D. However, Drop-C is usually assumed to be Drop-D down a step, rather than CADGBe, so the same can be assumed for Drop-A and Drop-B.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Those are what Drop-B and Drop-A should mean. Those are different than Drop-D. However, Drop-C is usually assumed to be Drop-D down a step, rather than CADGBe, so the same can be assumed for Drop-A and Drop-B.

...I know. That's why I said "strict" drop-A/drop-B.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I really like Drop-D flat..

Db-ab-db-gb-bb-eb

its not dramatically different..but adds somethin that my ear loves..

Youd be surprised what a half step can do for your tone..
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett