Hey,

I need a nice sounding bass which can stand gigging, my band plays Alternative/Punk/Grunge.

Which do you think is better?

Active P Bass Special

To see the Indie one, you have to go on to their website, which is:

Indie
A comparison:

Fender / Indie

Alder > Basswood
Active > Passive
Punchy > Mellow (for what your playing anyways)
Yeah it will only need one battery but the battery is only "on" when you have a cable plugged in. If you remember to remove the cable between uses then your battery should last you ages!

There's an indie band around me and the bassist uses that Fender. It's very nice and gets the job done well!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Yeah it will only need one battery but the battery is only "on" when you have a cable plugged in. If you remember to remove the cable between uses then your battery should last you ages!

There's an indie band around me and the bassist uses that Fender. It's very nice and gets the job done well!

Thanks for the info, its made me still wanna get it =D do you think theres a better Fender for around the same price as the Active P Bass?
Quote by Captain Insano
A comparison:

Fender / Indie

Alder > Basswood
Active > Passive

The fender can be punchy or nice and mellow. The finish on mine is great. Neck is good, some frets could be better. I just ordered a gotoh bridge to replace the stock. I had alot of problems with the saddles. Pickguard IMO is ugly, you can get one from here http://www.pickguardheaven.com/ For the price its a great bass and better than most in its price range. If you order from that site get the maple neck Mine is maple/blizzard pearl
Last edited by Miss G at May 12, 2008,
Quote by Captain Insano
A comparison:

Fender / Indie

Alder > Basswood
Active > Passive

Not always, that's purely opinion.

TS, I've not tried the Indie but I can vouch for the fact that the Fender is a very nice bass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Not always, that's purely opinion.

TS, I've not tried the Indie but I can vouch for the fact that the Fender is a very nice bass.

True. But I think, it's the opinion that is most widely held. And if it's not I will continue to lie to myself.