Hey whats up every 1...i need an amp..but not 1 with all the effects and stuff just a big sounding amp...i have a boss ME-20 that has plenty of effects all i need is a good big loud amp..i dont know if i should get tube or w/e any suggestions...my price range is 300-500$...thx for the help.
what stuff do you play
gigging practicing? or just bedroom etc.
all the details you can give us are welcome
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i play all ,music mainly metaly though...and i already have a bedroom amp..io need like a jam/gig amp
what kind of metal like
brootalzz metal (a.k.a. modern metal) or thrash (metallica, megadeth, slayer etc.) do you have a need for good cleans?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
dude i dont dont need effects the boss has everytype... and yes i like good cleans for nice mellow riffs... so basically i need a good loud amp that i can play with drums and has good cleans( i dont know the advantage of tubes so i need some help here)
Because you're not gonna get something that sounds great for metal with $500. But whatever, buy cheap gear and upgrade later.. you'll regret it like everyone else. I don't get why you would start cheap if you know guitar is something that you will continue.

Useful enough for you, ass?

edit: sorry, that was harsh.. i was in a bad mood, but I'm not gonna change it
Last edited by REPOMAN at May 12, 2008,
repoman not very useful
gtfo seriously
but he is right
save more and get some kind of mesa if you really want to get the best
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
look at the valveking. you can get some heavy distortion out of it. then with your boss ME20 and maybe another overdrive pedal you can get some extreme high gain.

i would go tube instead of solidstate. stay away from marshall digital effect amps, vox (definitely not for metal), and spider III (the tone of your guitar is non-existance.

i'm not a metal player and i am usually playing cleans and fuzz but i tried to help ya since no one else seemed to.
Quote by REPOMAN
Because you're not gonna get something that sounds great for metal with $500. But whatever, buy cheap gear and upgrade later.. you'll regret it like everyone else. I don't get why you would start cheap if you know guitar is something that you will continue.

+17

So much truth in one post...
Quote by acdclandon
repoman not very useful
gtfo seriously
but he is right
save more and get some kind of mesa if you really want to get the best

You're just mad that I didn't give the same advice to you

MG Head
Bugera 333XL

It's a little higher than you wanted to spend, but has great sound.

I believe it's only a small fire hazard, but the jury is still out on that one.
B-52? Another option. I would as well go tube if possible but good metal tube amps are pricey. The VK is a budget option in your range. For good cleans, fender is your friend, but they don't do metal as good as the Mesas or Oranges. Good luck.
Quote by REPOMAN

My 5150 was less than that. Shame it's more of a classic blues amp, and not really suited to much metal.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
My 5150 was less than that. Shame it's more of a classic blues amp, and not really suited to much metal.

What now?
Quote by REPOMAN

Alright, let me go out and buy an ENGL Blackmore with an effects rack and a custom made guitar with everything that I ask for to be put in it in such a way that the quality is second to none... Now lets see here..that'll put a person back around $15,000.

That's using your logic. But now lets think about PRIORITIES... lets see here.. college is about $40,000+++ and this is going to put a person back $15,000 that could go into paying off the college funds early... but then you think, 'hey i'll just work it off in no time'. Then as time goes by you realize your not taking in nearly enough money at a fast enough pace and you go into DEBT. Now your having trouble paying your bills and you still have this huge college fund hanging over your head, but don't worry you still have your dream setup. Next thing you know your credit score is horrible...but don't worry..you'll still have that dream setup...

Now REPOMAN, do you see what I'm getting at? It's not possible for everyone to go out and get what then WANT (notice how I didn't say NEED) because of things going on in their lives.

PRIORITIES
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Also a shame that it's incredibly rare to find one for that price. Search completeled listings on ebay and see what I mean - one's that do go for $500 are beat to hell, don't include the footswitch, faceplate, etc.

Quote by thriller4life
Alright, let me go out and buy an ENGL Blackmore with an effects rack and a custom made guitar with everything that I ask for to be put in it in such a way that the quality is second to none... Now lets see here..that'll put a person back around $15,000.

That's using your logic. But now lets think about PRIORITIES... lets see here.. college is about $40,000+++ and this is going to put a person back $15,000 that could go into paying off the college funds early... but then you think, 'hey i'll just work it off in no time'. Then as time goes by you realize your not taking in nearly enough money at a fast enough pace and you go into DEBT. Now your having trouble paying your bills and you still have this huge college fund hanging over your head, but don't worry you still have your dream setup. Next thing you know your credit score is horrible...but don't worry..you'll still have that dream setup...

Now REPOMAN, do you see what I'm getting at? It's not possible for everyone to go out and get what then WANT (notice how I didn't say NEED) because of things going on in their lives.

PRIORITIES

Way to take it to the extreme.. maybe a better way to word it would have been

"move to $700 or 800+ and possibilities really start to open up. Such as used 5150's that could actually pass as not taken through hell."
Last edited by REPOMAN at May 12, 2008,
Quote by saltysnail
What now?

I was being a twat.

Repoman, they're on Craigslist and in smaller local shops for $500 or less, and not terribbly rare. (both combo and head)
my 5150 combo was $500, perfect condition, footswitch, casters and new tubes.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
The 5150 was made for metal. It'll be around $500 used if your really lucky.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955