i've become interested in making my own guitar. the actual manufacturing of it i can do, but when it comes to the electronics, i see a schematic and have no clue what to do with it. is there any kind of book or website i can read, or anything else that would help me become experienced with the electronics of a guitar?
check out the wiring diagrams at www.seymourduncan.com. They won't help you learn to read schematics, but it'll give you a basic idea of what does what. Then just spend some time looking around the forums and playing with the wiring in an old spare guitar if you can.
If you actually want to learn how to read schematics, try just searching it on google, you're bound to come up with some kind of table or ledgend of what means what in a schematic..
Quote by araides
i've become interested in making my own guitar. the actual manufacturing of it i can do, but when it comes to the electronics, i see a schematic and have no clue what to do with it. is there any kind of book or website i can read, or anything else that would help me become experienced with the electronics of a guitar?

I never really had a problem with it as long as you have a good schematic all you have to do is solder the wires where they go on the schematic and if it doesnt work look it over and see what is different from the schematic.
nothing can really help with that except for practicing and practicing soldering and schematic reading.

First step is learning what all the things mean in a schematic obviously. But look at them and trace the wires and try to make since of them. Notice things like all the ground wires connect to the top of the potentiometers and then are connected to the ground of the output jack. And seeing the volume pots have the same design. An input cable, an output cable to the tone pots.

And similarly the tone pots usually have the same configuration with the capacitors etc... And once you get that down, practice soldering, there are some good tutorial videos on youtube. When i first started practicing i use an old sega genesis game haha. Just practice soldering on the pads and making good connection
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial