I've been doing some more research and I decided that I can save up a tad more money. I looked at the ENGL Blackmore, and that looked really interesting, but comparing it to the ENGL Fireball, which one would win?

I sort of feel like I didn't really explian myself in the first couple of threads I've posted.

First of all, I don't play death metal. I've been listening to more death metal stuff on the tube and I realized that this was just too brutal for me. I mean, all that palm muting and stuff is really nice (really nice ) but I don't really want to sacrifice a lead tone for a brutal rythym tone.

Also, I like to have a lot of gain, but I think death metal gain may be sort of pushing it? Eh...simply put, I was wondering if the Fireball could do both rythym and lead--especially lead because I know that the fireball can do rythym.

Thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I would choose the Blackmore over the Fireball. The Blackmore is more versatile and has better leads. Seeing as you don't play death metal and don't need that much gain, I'm gonna say that the Fireball isn't for you.
Blackmore really does poop over the Fireball - because of the mid based voicing it has an extra thump and 4 channels plus a contour switch PLUS two master volumes to switch between to give a boost to solos with exactly the same sound.

and its hardly a lot more money. and imo - it beats the Orange R.V
Quote by davedoom
Blackmore really does poop over the Fireball - because of the mid based voicing it has an extra thump and 4 channels plus a contour switch PLUS two master volumes to switch between to give a boost to solos with exactly the same sound.

Is it really that much better? I guess I'll just have to try them both out and compare them.

Any more opinions?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Mind explaining why you guys say Blackmore?

Quote by davedoom

One more thing--

Are the extra channels really that neccesary, though?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Mind explaining why you guys say Blackmore?

One more thing--

Are the extra channels really that neccesary, though?

i would say blackmore as its tight has a bright tone, pronounced mids and an open voicing. Its smooth and versitile. Sounds like a wine buff thing but its all important to me. I have the SE and its not too far away from the invader and se.
I enjoy the simplicity of a one or two channel amp. The Fireball can do rock, hard rock, metal and death metal easily. But really shines as a hard rock/metal machine. It has the master volume A and B as well for lead playing volume boosting. The Fireball is also 60 watts, which is a nice alternative to the usual 100/120 watt high gain heads.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yeah, I'll just have to try them both out and see which one I prefer. Perhaps I AM looking for something that has an insane amount of gain.

D:

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R