So i'm thinking about replacing my alexi with a rhoads v, maybe a rr1 or rr24, but i still cant help feeling guilty for buying a signature guitar. DO you guys think that the rhoads v models have become so mainstream that it's ok to not be another wanna be guitarist? Opinions?

Sort of a pointless thread, but its one of those things that keeps nagging me!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Buy what you want, don't give in to other people's perception of you.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
The RR series isn't really a sig anymore. Rhoads is dead, the line has changed since his death. They're decent guitars, but I find that the neck radius is too small, and it's quite uncomfortable sitting down. They deliver a great sound though.
Isn't the Alexi also a sig guitar guitar and the exact same shape?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
The Randy Rhoads V is NOT a signature series. It's a guitar that was based off of his designs. Yes, there is a Randy Rhoads Sig, but it's not the RR's. The Randy Rhoads Sig is known as the Concorde. Later, Mike Shannon redesigned the Concorde and named it the Rhoads V.

EDIT: I definitely suggest going for an RR1 if you want a neck pickup. Those things are amazing. I'd kill to have one.
Quote by Ichimaru

It's not quite the same shape, but it IS a sig. In fact, it's more of a sig than the Rhoads.

I'd keep your Alexi personally.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Last edited by SupremeACL at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Ichimaru

Considering that he has a USA Alexi, it wouldn't be. Otherwise, it'd be the same, only a bit bigger.

That said, I don't know if there'd be enough of a difference to really warrant it.
I kinda feel like the Rhoads is a sig just like the Les Paul is a sig...

I'd be worried about people calling me a wannabe with the Alexi way more than an RR.
Quote by Mazzakazza
The RR series isn't really a sig anymore. Rhoads is dead, the line has changed since his death. They're decent guitars, but I find that the neck radius is too small, and it's quite uncomfortable sitting down. They deliver a great sound though.

... a lot of it makes no sense. There was no line even when he was still alive. What he got were essentially one offs made by Grover Jackson (who owned Charvel guitars at the time).

Too small 'neck' radius..? Do you mean fingerboard? I think the US standard is 10 to 16, the import is 12 to 14. They're both quite flat. Even Ibanez radius I think is 16 or the likes.
If you mean neck profile, try different models. All different. But yeah they're not huge necks, and I too prefer a more substantial profile.

Deliver a great sound... which? They have a lot of different RRs, quite differently made...