I've been playin acoustic guitar for a while now and i wanna buy an electric. I'm kinda tight on cash and this one is cheap looks good and from the reviews i've read sounds pretty good for what its worth. Thumbs up or thumbs down? And if you have any other idea you can post that too. (200-250 price range)
X.X
generally speaking, starter packs are a bad idea. are you in the USA?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The les paul is a good choice for a starters guitar (better than squiers IMO).
Its the guitar i started on and i still play it a bit after 2 and half years, the only complaint i have about it is that the neck is bigger than on most guitars but your probaly used to that seeing that you play acoustic.

If i was you though id get a guitar and amp seperatly (normaly if you say its your first electric then theyll throw in a free cable and picks). Generaly the amps that come in starter packs are realy crap,especialy the 10 watt ones. Id reccomend getting the les paul special 2 and a decent 15 watt amp like a vox ad15vt or if you want something with a slimmer neck then get a yamaha pacifica.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ad-15vt/12178
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-pacifica012/1268
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-ii/869
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
I have an Epiphone Special II that I bought as a starter from a friend, and it has been great. I couldn't think of a better guitar to start with. I don't know what the whole package deal is, though.
Thanks for steering me away from a starter pack ive pretty much made up my mind on what i want now
X.X
i'd advise going for the pacifica 112 as it's alder rather than the 012's agathis. opinion is kinda divided as to how bad agathis actually is, but most people agree that alder is a good wood, so there's not all that much point in risking it, to be honest.

i'd go with a pacifica 112 and vox ad15vt (for more vintage tones/blues/jazz/classic rock stuff) or roland microcube (for more hard rock/metal stuff) if i were starting to play guitar, most likely. that'll give you access to a pretty wide range of tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
great place to start, epiphone has been around for many many years and Gibosn has only been there to further improve the guitars. As for the starter pack, no. the guitar inside is good( i have one) but the amp and other stuff isnt so good.