hiya
I have an original Jim Dunlop cry baby wah pedal from the 60's, however it has been wired up for use in a pedal board by my father, who has now completely forgotten what he did to it and how to fix it. Looking at the inside, there are so many wires and spare ports that i have no idea what to soldier where. Ive search google many times for wiring diagrams or photos but all i can find are newer Cry Babys with different internal wiring. If anyone could please upload a photo of the inside of their Cry baby i would be most thankful for the help!
Many thanks for your comments and advice in advance
Can you take a picture of the guts? That would help a lot. Do you mean he rackmounted it? That's probably pretty easy to reverse.
Try and find a wiring diagram of the original and bring that sucker to a shop that does computer and electrical repair.
...in the 60s, weren't VOX called cry babys..? Jim Dunlop later copyrighted the name to make reissues...The pedal came out in 1967 and was called the ClydeMcCoy, then later the cry baby.

I don't think Dunlop as a pedal maker even existed in the 60s.
board.buildyourownclone.com if those guys can't help you, no one can lol
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
Quote by Pott
...in the 60s, weren't VOX called cry babys..? Jim Dunlop later copyrighted the name to make reissues...The pedal came out in 1967 and was called the ClydeMcCoy, then later the cry baby.

Everybody started copying the Vox "crybaby" in the late 60s. Dunlop was one of them, so it's possible.
hahaha woops
all it says on it is cry baby
no branding, nothing else, we just call it a jim dunlop wah for some reason
here is a photo of the inside if anyone is interested or can help
Attachments:
66666.jpg
hahah
well my dad attempted to fix it by soldering that 9v battery port on to random places, and we dont know where they are really supposed to go...
the battery hookup doesn't really need to be soldered anywhere usually it just sits loose in the pedal.

EDIT"
oh wait you mean to power the pedal, just find a wiring diagram, i've never messed with it so i don't know where it's supposed to go, but it should be pretty easy to figure out, just make sure you don't hook up a battery to it until you have it in the right place.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
the 9v hookup came out COMPLETELY so that it could be used in a pedalboard and we dont know where to put it back but thanks for your help guys we'll have a fiddle around
The black wire should be connected to the "ring" terminal of the input jack.
The red wire should be connected to a hole that has a copper trace leading to a 22K resistor.

Don't know what exactly you dad accomplished by ripping out the 9c battery hookup to put it on a pedalboard...That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in my book, but whatever. Let me know how it goes.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The black wire should be connected to the "ring" terminal of the input jack.
The red wire should be connected to a hole that has a copper trace leading to a 22K resistor.

Don't know what exactly you dad accomplished by ripping out the 9c battery hookup to put it on a pedalboard...That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in my book, but whatever. Let me know how it goes.

on a pedal without a DC in, it's not terribly uncommon to remove the battery hookup and wire the pedal to a pedalboards power supply directly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
okay i fixed it up as forsaknazrael suggested (cheers dude) and it kind of works, but also kind of makes a horrible squeeky morse code sound randomly when using it :/
Quote by Pott

Actually, Vox first built the Clyde McCoy, but it was the V846 which was the general best production model and is supposed to be better than the Clyde McCoy. However Vox weren't big in the United States and instead their wah pedals were sold by Thomas Organ (Vox distributor in the US) as Crybabies.

So yes it's not a Jim Dunlop.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009