So I was considering buying new pickups for my ESP. I decided to get some EMG's, preferably 81's and 85's. The only thing is I have never installed a pickup in my guitar and my neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan SHR-1 Hot Rail. So my question is, could I still install the EMG's into the neck despite the face the 81 and Hot Rails look nothing alike, or would I have to modify my guitar?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
You've got to expand the pickup slots, I believe (don't take my word for it, never put EMGs in).

Anyway...if you're uncomfortable with doing this (EMGs would be expensive to mess up, too), get a tech to do it.
There's honestly no point spending money on pickups unless you've got another amp hidden away somewhere - if that little Behringer is all you have they won't make any difference and you'd just be wasting your money.
Thanks. I will try to get a guitar tech to do so then.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by steven seagull
There's honestly no point spending money on pickups unless you've got another amp hidden away somewhere - if that little Behringer is all you have they won't make any difference and you'd just be wasting your money.

Yeah, I know. I'm getting a Marshall halfstack later this month and decided I needed to wanted my guitar.
Quote by SpockTheRock
Yeah, I know. I'm getting a Marshall halfstack later this month and decided I needed to wanted my guitar.

Ok, that doesn't quite make sense, but as far as the amp goes please don't let it be an MG....they're appalling. If you're getting a new amp then post your budget and people will give you advise on GOOD amps you should be looking at.

That being the case, wait till you've got your amp, you can't make a decision on pickups until you know the sound you're wanting to change. Trust me, don't waste your money.

More to the point, your guitar isn't even routed for a neck humbucker - you really don't want to be gouging chunks out of it on a whim.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com