I recently came upon the posibaly idiotic idea of using bass effect pedals on a guitar.
And ive wondered if you could or it would damage the speaker of a guitar amplifier much like the never plaug a bass instrument into a guitar amplifier.
So i was wondering, Is it ok to run a guitar through a bass effect into a guitar amplfier?
lol, bass guitars work fine through a guitar amp, just not as bassy sounding since it's made for higher tuning.
Quote by TechnicolorType
lol, bass guitars work fine through a guitar amp, just not as bassy sounding since it's made for higher tuning.
Well done, that's not what he asked at all.

I'd imagine they would, but may sound a bit thin.
i actually do that, i have a bass equalizer in my effects and it just makes your sound deeper like you think it would
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

I use bass overdrive for punchy sounds on my guitar, it hasn't caused any problems for my amps
Quote by rockinsk8r91
i actually do that, i have a bass equalizer in my effects and it just makes your sound deeper like you think it would

Kudos for awnsering my question
and many more for the icon.
It won't hurt anything to try out. It might not sound that great though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Gary Moore only uses bass effects more or less nowadays so something tells me it works...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
duane allman actually prefered to use the marshall super bass heads instead of the super leads for the tone. i know alot of players who prefer to use bass effects just because of the frequencies they affect.
Depends on what kind of effects they are. Some bass fuzzes sound great on guitar, like the ZVex Woolly Mammoth and the Malekko B:Assmaster. Some envelope filters for bass won't work as good for guitar, because of the different frequencies. I know that people use both the Digitech Bass Synth Wah and the Boss SYB-3 on guitar, though.

Just try the effects and see if it sounds good or not. You won't damage the speakers.