i recently bought a schecter c-1 hellraiser hardtail, and im getting really bad fretbuzz, i also wanna put on heavy gauge strings and i dont know what i have to do there, except change the strings. thanks
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
well just raise the action on your guitar to take care of string buzz...not familiar with the guitar so i dont know what kinda bridge u have..so do some research to find out how to raise the action if u dont know how...

also about the heavy gauge strings....u will have to change the nut to accomodate for the thicker strings
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
what nut? and its a neck thru if that helps.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
the nut is the thing by the head of your guitar that your strings run through...no the neck thru doesnt help...lol
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
ok, so just making sure, i have to change that thing that the strings run through at hte top of the neck, and change the action? thanks
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
If you have the money go get it set up by a trained professional. I would hate for you to accidentaly mess up your guitar.
get a little allen wrench and lower the two pegs on the front face of each saddle that you would like to raise.

in addition, dont touch the nut at the headstock, and when changing the strings, you unwind one, clip off the curled end and run it backwards towards the bridge out the back of the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dude why wouldnt you notice the fret buzz before you bought it? did you try it out? the shop should have set it up for you to work perfectlly. a brand new guitar should work like a dream