Hey guys!
I was searching for some kicka** "X" shaped axes and finally landed on a Warrior! I was originally thinking of going for a Warrior WRMG since is equipped with the EMG-81/85 combo, Licensed Floyd Rose Low-Profile Tremolo, has alder body and rosewood fretboard with 24 frets! But I got this idea from a friend that if I buy myself a cheaper guitar and then buy myself the EMG combo then it would be a bit cheaper for me! Which is why I was thinking of buying myself a Warrior WRXT! Apart from the pickups, the WRXT has Floyd Rose Licensed Jackson Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point (?) and basswood body!
Plus, I was thinking of getting myself getting myself a EMG-89 for my neck to get that bluesy sound we get from the single coils! So whether I buy myself a WRMG or WRXT, I'll be buying a EMG-89 too!
But there's this problem, basswood is a really weak wood (weak as in can easily get dents) and alder is a bit stronger, plus the tone! So much difference would there be between the WRMG + EMG-89 and WRXT + EMG-81-89 combo? Is there going to be a huge sound difference or just a minor one? And what about the bridges, which is better?
One more thing, the Deep Candy Blue and Deep Metallic Red finishes of the WRXT have got a lot of my attention! They look sweet and are only available in WRXT, not WRMG!

So, accourding to my calculations:
WRMG (Black)
= $750 + $115 (EMG-89)
= $865
WRXT (Deep Candy Blue OR Deep Metallic Red)
= $499 + $115 (EMG-89) + $99 (EMG-81)
= $713

So there's this difference of $152, which is around Rs. 10,000 in PKR! And that's a huge amount for me!

So, any suggestions?

PS. I can play anything! From heavier stuff, like Metallica, Dream Theater, Trivium and Opeth, to rock, like Black Sabbath, System Of A Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and grundge, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Creed!
PSS. If you're wondering about my budget, the thing is this that I'm going to work over the summer to earn some money! Around Rs. 20,000 (around $315) to Rs. 25,000 (around $390)... Pretty low, I know... But that"s the max I can get!
PSSS. Sorry for the long message!
Last edited by jam_shahzeb at May 11, 2008,
Go for the WRMG. Its build quality is better, as is its licensed floyd. Plus, the WRMG has the EMG's already in, so the installation will be easier.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Go for the WRMG. Its build quality is better, as is its licensed floyd. Plus, the WRMG has the EMG's already in, so the installation will be easier.

Yeah, but I also need to make an area for the EMG-89 so that I may control its tone! But is alder going to rule over basswood even after all those modifications? And can we buy ourself a separate Original Floyd Rose bridge? Because I've heard that Licensed Floyd Rose are suppose to be bad... Is it something related with durability?
well for one, periods are just as legitimate as exclamation marks are in terms of closing punctuation. if it's jackson, (from experience) chances are unless you're throwing your guitar at a wall, the finish should be strong enough to prevent any major body damage.

as well, it depends on your body wood for the tone of the pickups, i've heard the EMG 81/85 combo in BOTH of my guitarists' guitars, (ESP H-1001 and H-501) and as long as you know how to work a decent amp and perhaps a volume/tone knob on your guitar, you can get a nice bluesy sound.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
well for one, periods are just as legitimate as exclamation marks are in terms of closing punctuation. if it's jackson, (from experience) chances are unless you're throwing your guitar at a wall, the finish should be strong enough to prevent any major body damage.

as well, it depends on your body wood for the tone of the pickups, i've heard the EMG 81/85 combo in BOTH of my guitarists' guitars, (ESP H-1001 and H-501) and as long as you know how to work a decent amp and perhaps a volume/tone knob on your guitar, you can get a nice bluesy sound.

Yeah, its kind of obvious that I won't throw the guitar at the wall but then again, in order for me to get myself a decent amp, I'll again have to work my a** off to get the money, seeing that all decent, kicka** amps are pretty expensive...
Another thing to think about is that fancy little gain booster the WRMG has on it. I heard its absoltley useless though for it makes the guitar sound a little louder for the most part.
Quote by deftonesordie
well for one, periods are just as legitimate as exclamation marks are in terms of closing punctuation.

And upper caps are used at the start of sentences...

TS, go for the WRMG. $150 isn't all that much and you'll end up with a much better guitar. The WRMG isn't just more expensive because it has EMGs.