I'm going to be getting a dean VMNTX pretty soon, and I'm going to put a little bit of modification on it using electrical tape (Of course, I will carefully apply it). I was wondering if it would be doable, meaning, would it peel off quickly? And will I be able to get the residue off if I decide to take it off? I'm aiming for a design like this:

Also, is there a brand of paint that can be put on a guitar safely without looking like ass?
Try this in customizing. You'd get a better response.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Try this in customizing. You'd get a better response.

There's a forum for that? Geez, this ain't gamespot anymore, Toto.
Quote by james4
wait.
so are you just doing a design in tape, or do you plan on taping off an area, then painting over it to create a design?

If possible painting the area (It depends if such a paint is available and can simply be sprayed over the existing finish without looking like a POS).
well, if you scuff sand that baby with about 400 grit paper, it'll give you a rough enough surface for some mechanical adhesion (something for it to grab on to), and then,spray your base colour. follow the reranch rechniques for repainting, the 'rule of threes' is always good. don't clearcoat yet. then, tape off your design. once you tape off your design, (i'd reccommend painter's tape... don't go cheap, sometimes the cheap stuff doesn't stick so well, and your paint may leak) you can then spray your dominant colour (rule of threez!!) and clear coat it.

that might do it... Ippon is the master of all things painty, so if he catches wind of this, i'm sure he'll have some input oustide my experience.

EDIT: this will definitely be permanent. not easily removed, and you'll have to remove the neck if it's bolt on, as well as al the electronics and p.u's.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
well, if you scuff sand that baby with about 400 grit paper, it'll give you a rough enough surface for some mechanical adhesion (something for it to grab on to), and then,spray your base colour. follow the reranch rechniques for repainting, the 'rule of threes' is always good. don't clearcoat yet. then, tape off your design. once you tape off your design, (i'd reccommend painter's tape... don't go cheap, sometimes the cheap stuff doesn't stick so well, and your paint may leak) you can then spray your dominant colour (rule of threez!!) and clear coat it.

that might do it... Ippon is the master of all things painty, so if he catches wind of this, i'm sure he'll have some input oustide my experience.

EDIT: this will definitely be permanent. not easily removed, and you'll have to remove the neck if it's bolt on, as well as al the electronics and p.u's.

Whoah

I guess I'll just do a design in electrical tape. How will that work out ?
u can get proper decal stuff, it would work better than tape. i used it on some models etc and it works real good. not sure the best place to get it from....mayb a model shop?