Page 1 of 2
#1
I have been saving for two years (only 17 and can not get a job) and still can not come up with the money for a Gibson.
#2
Maybe that's because Gibson's are overpriced.
Signatures are overrated.
#3
Dont get a new one, buy a used one. My friend has a really nice Gibson SG that he got used for $300.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
#4
That was pretty vague.
what kind of gibson are you after?
How much are you willing to spend?
How much do you already have?
#6
dude just apply at macdonalds they take everyone im pretty shure
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll



Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
#7
Trust me I have put in like 15 job apps and still can not get one......by the way I agree the Gibsons are overpriced but they are really nice and I love the feel and sound of them.
#12
hahaha testicles. i got a really sweet deal on my sg standard. the guy was using it as a backup, but he found a really nice lp to replace it, so he sold it to me for only 750. but it came to around 800 cause of the shipping. as for jobs. have you given any thoughts to male prostitution? i heard they pay really good. my friend almost makes 600 a night during the weekends
#13
Well, you're saving for a Gibson. Other brands have equal/better quality for less price. I mean, they have no models under $1,000 USD (Epiphone doesn't count).

I get alternative brands, yes there are other brands other than that of the almighty Gibson. I'm not an Ibanez fanboy, but I love my Artcore. I personally love anything Gretsch, though.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
#14
and if you dont wanna fvck for money, what about mugging old ladies? most of them don't put up much of a fight and if they do, just pop them in the mouth and have your way with them. thats how i afforded MY gibson.
#15
Why in the **** can't you get a job?

As it is, **** Gibsons.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
#17
don't get a Gibson.

You will feel really dissapointed.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
#18
Be creative... if you can't figure out a way to get money then you aren't creative enough to play music... If you're a girl go ahead and take JP's idea if not plz don't tell me... but seriously there are plenty of ways to make money you just have to find the right way... Ligitamicy doesn't always work... that could mean many things my favorite is personal check jobs ie you don't pay taxes.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
#19
well I got a gibson custom, and it was the best purchase I ever made. unbelievable guitar and worth every pensioner. so your talking crap (coming from a guy who seems to be saving up for a PRS SE- the wank stain equivalent of an actual guitar). There are good gibsons and there are sh1t gibsons. Nuff said.
#20
Since this is otherwise going nowhere, what kind of Gibson do you want?


(Please, don't say Les Paul... I like the guy, but...)
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
#21
Quote by Chris_Parker
Since this is otherwise going nowhere, what kind of Gibson do you want?


(Please, don't say Les Paul... I like the guy, but...)



95% chance he will say Les Paul, but lets see if he is the other 5% kind of person
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
#22
He already said earlier that he was saving up for a Gibson SG Standard or a Gibson Les Paul Studio

Anyhow, for money, if you absolutely cannot get money, you could always sell drugs.
#23
or explosives or girls etc.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
#24
get a part time man, tho I myself can barely save up for a standard lp in a year (that is if I dont waste it on anything)
Fapping is considered as strumming training
#25
i *****d myself out to 50 fat chicks and got the money. It was definitely worth it cause i got my gibson.


but seriously get a job, go to mcdonalds or tim hortons or walmart of you're that desperrate, they take anyone, and milk you for all you're worth.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
#27
I payed for the majority of my rig by working at Dairy Queen. Get a job, you'll be able to buy most any guitar related product on the market if you save up.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
#28
Get a job its not that hard... Ive had a job since i was 15. Apply at walmart they hire every1.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
#29
Well if you dont have a job then its a little tricky. The answer is, save. Every holiday ask for one thing, the guitar or money towards it. From all your relatives, it adds up. Dont waste money on stupid things like effects or xbox games.

Also look for jobs in your family. Family jobs are always awesome.

BTW whats with all the hate towards les pauls?
#30
look, the only way your ever gonna have good gear is to get a job, quit sitting in this forum and get out there in the work force
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
#31
I During certain times of the year like my birthday and Christmas, I get money from a bunch of relatives whom I don't know. I then combine that with the money I don't spend at lunch. For example, if I had $5 but only spent 3, I would put the $2 into a savings account, aka a shoe box. I also sell stuff.
#33
Just out of curiosity where are you "saving" from if you don't have a job? and also they are not difficult to get, maybe you fail at writing a resume, check some of the online services they will do it for about $25, seriously, your obviously not trying hard enough. also look around for second hand guitars, i got an epiphone special sg(not gibson, but its relevant to the thread) for $60 in mint condition, not a single scratch dent or fading from some drug addict at school because he was really desprate.
Quote by AndyMcDandy
"What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?"


People usually don't...
#34
Get a paperound? It'll be embarrassing for you since you're 17, but I make £12 (roughly $24) per week. Plus at Christmas I normally get about £100 (roughly $200) in tips. So all year round, I make about £550/$1100. Then on top of that you get birthday money, etc off relatives.
#36
Quote by Rounder01
don't get a Gibson.

You will feel really dissapointed.

You're an idiot.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
#37
Quote by Cstatho
Just out of curiosity where are you "saving" from if you don't have a job? and also they are not difficult to get, maybe you fail at writing a resume, check some of the online services they will do it for about $25, seriously, your obviously not trying hard enough. also look around for second hand guitars, i got an epiphone special sg(not gibson, but its relevant to the thread) for $60 in mint condition, not a single scratch dent or fading from some drug addict at school because he was really desprate.

The Epi SG Special is like, the lowest priced SG you can get other than a Guitar Hero controller.
I would know because I have one.
#38
u can always become a gangster and work for the mob, it pays good and u get free meals in every restaurant u go to. give it a shot
#39
I've had 3 jobs in the past three months this semester at school. Unless you're in a really small/dead town, then you can get hired pretty quickly. If I was living at home right now I'd be able to save up for a nice guitar in 3-4 months.
#40
Quote by Chris_Parker
Well, you're saving for a Gibson. Other brands have equal/better quality for less price. I mean, they have no models under $1,000 USD (Epiphone doesn't count).

I get alternative brands, yes there are other brands other than that of the almighty Gibson. I'm not an Ibanez fanboy, but I love my Artcore. I personally love anything Gretsch, though.


there are quite a few guitars by gibson under 1000. the melody maker, sg faded, les paul faded whatever, then the other sg faded with 3 pickups, then the sg and les paul mennace...and there are a couple more.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Page 1 of 2