hey, i'm new here, and i have a question about this really cool effect i saw. i don't know what it's called, but i know you sing into a mic, and the notes that you play on the guitar play through as your voice. i know it's hard to explain, an example of a song it is used in is Bo Bice's "Witness" (i know he's from American Idol, but it's the only example i can come up with at the moment.) anyways, if you know what this is please tell me cause i'm very interested in looking into it.

Thanks.
its not a mic there is a tube connected to the pedal that you talk into
how exactly does a talkbox work? its a nice trick, you know if you do it everyone once in a while, but if thats what your defined as, its really dreadfull if you ask me hearing a CD of just talkbox **** lol. Frampton is great tough.
Quote by top_dogg20
also, any bands/songs you know that use it?

zakk wylde uses one on Fire It Up and a few other songs, and my friend a talk box from musicians friend, though the music store i go to has them, they are like 100-200 dollars though
Bon Jovi-Livin' on a prayer. Richie Sambora uses one quite a bit
My *Core* gear:
Fender: American deluxe strat HSS
Fender: 65 Twin reverb RI
Ibanez: PUE5 Tube floor effects
Furmam: PF Pro R Power Factor
My gear runs silent until the onslaught
I think Buck Dharma uses one of ETI.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
You usually need a mic to use a talkbox. The talkbox itself takes your guitar signal, and amplifies it, sends it through a small speaker which is located at one end of a tube. The other end goes in your mouth and your mouth and throat modulate the sound which then has to be picked up by a microphone.

Its more like the tube on the pedal is talking to you