Which is a better amp? I know the Randall is tube so I think it's better, it would also be louder, but which has the better tone?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by unknownpunkrock
The Randall would definetley be louder right?

I would guess so. Many say they arent different, but tube is louder to the ear, and it sounds MUCH better. I would definately advise the Randall instead.

EDIT: I'm actually trying to find one used to buy for myself.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
yah it would, because reather than having preamps its got Power tubes, i bealive it would sound bettor to because when it comes to tubes the power tubes are most responsible for that classic tube sound.
get the randall then its a simple choice.
To get the best out a hybrid your looking to make it run on power tubes not preamp, especially if its ganna just be one 12a7x.
^He's right.
What styles do you play?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Ive never played a Randall, but if metals your thing id say go that way, there are many people hear who have them who play metal punk.
If your just looking to play metal id say go for it if you want something more versatile then advice a Crate Palomino or the V-series those amps are frieken >tight< if you know how to EQ them cleans are also very passible.
In my experience the Crate V-series and Palomino are more classic rock/blues amps. I've also heard that they hate distortion pedals, so if you try to add some gain they just sound fizzy. I've not experienced this firsthand, but I do know that used alone for metal you'll be disappointed.
It really depends on what type of stuff youll be playing. I have the randall and its distortion kicks ass for metal.
^ +1, it's very much a hard rock/metal amp. the randall is the better amp, but you need to be sure it's aimed at what you want to play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own the AD15VT and considering the AD50VT has more wattage, it'll be loud, and is a decent practice amp. The Randall, after being suggested it by Dave in the hunt of my amps, I watched a video of it, and it kicks ass. It's loud, powerful and the tone is sensational. Unfortunately I can't find one around my area atm
there is one of these near me for 200 dollars used, i am considering buying one. im concerned that 1x12 will not be full enough to play out with at places with no PA... i have a 2x12 cab loaded with vintage 30's that might aid it though.
I don't really understand pre amp tubes and power tubes, like are they 2 sets of tunes that need to be changed?
Quote by unknownpunkrock
I don't really understand pre amp tubes and power tubes, like are they 2 sets of tunes that need to be changed?

preamp tubes power the preamp section of the amp...power tubes power the power stage of the amp. Both need to be replaced periodically.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I don't know if i should go for the Randall (almost there money wise) or keep saving for a 40 w jcm
i dont personally like JCMs, they are kind of one-track amps. ive played 2, used in the GC. they are still there, after almost 2 years, for good reason. The randall will better suit you i think.