Page 1 of 2
So today, May 11th, is the day that one of the most influential artists of the 20th century passed away. Bob Marley has become an icon for peace and love. He basically brought reggae music to the world. R.I.P.

You can all pay your respects in this thread.

Rest In Peace.
Peace.
Last edited by crazygluedmybut at May 11, 2008,
RIP, I had no idea and I listened to the entire Best Of album today.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
no offense, cool guy and all, but how was he THAT influential other than just being an icon?
most influential musician?

I dunno...

Herman Li is obviously MUCH more influential (jk)

but seriously, i din't really like his music, and he really only influenced pot heads from what i've seen
Quote by mmmgobstoppers
most influential musician?

I dunno...

Herman Li is obviously MUCH more influential (jk)

but seriously, i din't really like his music, and he really only influenced pot heads from what i've seen

then gtfo this thread.

RIP
I didnt know it was today.
influential, as in he spread a small, basically unheard of religon to the whole world
Should we try this again with hope?
Or is it lost, give up the ghost
And should I die all alone as I knew I would...
listening to three little bird right now
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by mmmgobstoppers

If you listen with an open heart and mind, you will see why he is so influential

RIP
BOB
MARLEY
Quote by layinglow
no offense, cool guy and all, but how was he THAT influential other than just being an icon?

You mean besides playing a huge role in the pioneering of reggae music?
Peace.
Quote by hooligan07
not a huge fan of his genre but he was an incredible person
rip

+1
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I used to listen to a lot of Marley when I was younger. My parents had a bunch of his cassettes.

RIP, you legend.
great artist. not the best musician but he really put soul into his music. his tunes are really fun to play as well, hence my username.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
...Is one of the finest in what you could call popular music, by that I mean that he didn't compose 20 mins. symphonies. He is one of my strongest inspirations and will be for a long time if not until I die.

By the way, if anyone would be calling both pot and bad in the same sentence, think about that genius and look at yourself prior to saying those words, por favor.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by shreddin_frets
If you listen with an open heart and mind, you will see why he is so influential

i have, but i realy just don't see it, the same with Jimi hendrex AND Paige, i just don't see why they're so great, i'm not trying to insult it's just my view *shrugs*
Quote by crazygluedmybut
You mean besides playing a huge role in the pioneering of reggae music?

i meant important things, no offense but bringing a certain genre to light doesnt really change anything outside the music world
Quote by mmmgobstoppers
i have, but i realy just don't see it, the same with Jimi hendrex AND Paige, i just don't see why they're so great, i'm not trying to insult it's just my view *shrugs*

+1

even if they have good music, influence is far more than music, unless of course we are talking about the music world exlusively
Quote by mmmgobstoppers

Ok, so what IS great to you? Because to me, anybody who puts their heart and soul into something they truly enjoy will always be great.
Quote by layinglow
i meant important things, no offense but bringing a certain genre to light doesnt really change anything outside the music world

see my first post
Should we try this again with hope?
Or is it lost, give up the ghost
And should I die all alone as I knew I would...
Quote by mmmgobstoppers

im sorry, i hav no idea who Paige or Hendrex are. Ur not certainly not talking about Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page, the greatest guitarists to ever grace this planet
Quote by layinglow

How about also expressing a deep committment to peace and love? He conveyed a message in all of his work, one of which millions have taken to heart.

On a side note, I can't believe I'm arguing this with you in this thread.
Peace.
Quote by layinglow

He didn't just bring it to light he played a role in creating it, being one of the first artists to play more rocksteady instead of ska.

That said he is one of my favorite musicians of all time.

(Also am I the only one who read the thread title and thought ""?)
Quote by zepzepzep86
im sorry, i hav no idea who Paige or Hendrex are. Ur not certainly not talking about Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page, the greatest guitarists to ever grace this planet

You are not helping the argument by saying this. Besides, keep the Hendrix/Paige talk out of this thread.
Quote by Masamune
Ok, so what IS great to you? Because to me, anybody who puts their heart and soul into something they truly enjoy will always be great.

i dunno, i think that NILE is great, as with LoG and A7X and other death metal/melodic death metal (i know Log and A7x are NOT death metal), II don't kw why just think they are, i appreciate classic rock like The Doors, and Ac/DC, i don't know what it is, the other guys just sound "meh" to me
Quote by crazygluedmybut
How about also expressing a deep committment to peace and love? He conveyed a message in all of his work, one of which millions have taken to heart.

On a side note, I can't believe I'm arguing this with you in this thread.

ok well you got me there, but *puff puff* not many ppl think about that when they think bob marley

eitherr way, lives tradgically cut short

RIP
Not too big of a fan of his music, but my brother loves his music, and "no woman, co cry" is one of my top 10 favorite songs ever

RIP Bob Marley

Does anyone else have those popular, trouble making, gangster kids in their school who wear shirts with Bob Marley one them? I think it's really ironic and disrespectful to Marley since his music is all about peace and love, and these are the kids who go around bullying others for no reason and making the world a worse place. What idiots...
Quote by mmmgobstoppers
i dunno, i think that NILE is great, as with LoG and A7X and other death metal/melodic death metal (i know Log and A7x are NOT death metal), II don't kw why just think they are, i appreciate classic rock like The Doors, and Ac/DC, i don't know what it is, the other guys just sound "meh" to me

Then please leave.
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Then please leave.

obviously you don't read all the posts in a thread, made obviousl by that fact it is in plsnview that that post was a response to an earlier statement

so,

options:

1. pay attention

2. GTFO
Quote by mmmgobstoppers
obviously you don't read all the posts in a thread, made obviousl by that fact it is in plsnview that that post was a response to an earlier statement

so,

options:

1. pay attention

2. GTFO

You shouldn't have came in here in the first place if you are just going to try and undermine Bob Marley's significance. Bob Marley > you and all the bands that you mentioned liking.
Page 1 of 2