i just changed my strings about 3 hours ago, and the bridge on my guitar is lowered like crazy and I cant figure it out for the life of me. its a jackson dinky dk2 with a floyd rose bridge, and its just lowered like crazy. Anyone know how to fix this or have any advice or sites?
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
They aren't the same gauge strings, and that's what I figured it was, and yes I did replace them one at a time.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
Well since the the bridge is sinking down, I'm going to assume you went down in gauge. That means you need to loosen the screws in the back of your guitar to compensate for the drop in tension.

You have to setup the bridge every time you change string gauges along with tunings.

This guide should help.
What do you mean the bridge is lowered like crazy? Which way is it being pulled, is it being pulled towards the neck, or away from the neck? If it is being pulled towards the neck, that means you changed to thicker gauge strings so you would loosen the bolt on the back of your guitar until the bridge is parallel to the body. If it's pulled away from the neck, tighten bolt until bridge is parallel to the body.
i think he means a sunken bridge
there is a touratorial somewhere but can't remember where
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I have a raised bridge for a few weeks now, have no idea how it happened. No floyd rose btw.

Can anyone tell me if I should keep it that way or not?