Hi all.
I just recently aqcuired an old '80s Peavey Heritage VTX 212. It's got a solid state preamp and a 4x6L6 power amp. Love the sound at quiet volumes. A couple hours ago I got the chance to crank it and gosh did it sound horrible. They were moving around way too much. Apparently the speakers in it were aftermarket "Pyle Drivers". I looked them up and it seems that the speakers are designed for either a PA or car sound systems. So I would like to change them out for something more appropriate. My friend's Twin Reverb had sucky sounding Pyle Drivers in it and he changed them out for Eminence Texas Heat speakers and I can definitely hear the difference. He said that they were the best route for a good rock/metal sound, and that Eminence's RedCoat line was more for cleans. Is this the case? My budget is $180 tops for both. Any suggestions?
I'm more and more impressed with the set of Warehouse speakers I bought a while back. Easily the best bang for the buck speaker out there. I'd check their site out and email them about which speaker would fit the sound you're going for.
Webers FTW
But, if you're a penny-pincher, warehouse speakers look like a valid choice.
But, i'm really disappointed that they don't have more 10" speakers, or i'd buy a quad.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I know... maybe after they complete their line of celestion clones, maybe they'll start making 10"s
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator