Page 1 of 3
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34787

After various setbacks, Fox is finally spinning up its live action movie adaptation of DRAGONBALL.

Justin Chatwin will play heroic Goku. Chatwin's done a ton of stuff, including Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS.

James Marsters (Spike on BUFFY) will play Piccolo, the badguy. Stephen Chow (writer/producer/director of KUNG FU HUSTLE & writer/director of SHAOLIN SOCCER) will produce.

The story follows an adult humanoid alien named Goku, who discovers that he was sent to Earth to blend in and destroy our population but instead elects to protect it from an oncoming alien onslaught bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

The film will be directed by James Wong (Exec Producer & frequent writer of SPACE: ABOVE & BEYOND, THE X-FILES and MILLENNIUM - he also directed Jet Li's THE ONE and FINAL DESTINATION).

We may be get DRAGONBALL as early as August 15, 2008. Seems like a tight fit...we'll see.

So this is either going to be really good, or really bad.

Your thoughts?
I'm going to vote that, on a spectrum of Good to Bad..it's going to be so bad that it bends the spectrum and turns into really awesome.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
It's going to be incredibly bad yet I will still watch it.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I heard that the same effects company that made the Matrix is doing the effects for the DB movie. If the movie sucks, at least the fights will be bad ass.
last.fm[/url}
they've been saying this would happen for awhile. I'll save caring until i actually see previews on tv.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
I don't think they could ever really replicate the dynamics and effect of a dbz fight, so it'll probably be pretty bad.
Quote by SharpSpoon
After various setbacks, Fox is finally spinning up its live action movie adaptation of DRAGONBALL.

Justin Chatwin will play heroic Goku. Chatwin's done a ton of stuff, including Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS.

James Marsters (Spike on BUFFY) will play Piccolo, the badguy. Stephen Chow (writer/producer/director of KUNG FU HUSTLE & writer/director of SHAOLIN SOCCER) will produce.

The story follows an adult humanoid alien named Goku, who discovers that he was sent to Earth to blend in and destroy our population but instead elects to protect it from an oncoming alien onslaught bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

The film will be directed by James Wong (Exec Producer & frequent writer of SPACE: ABOVE & BEYOND, THE X-FILES and MILLENNIUM - he also directed Jet Li's THE ONE and FINAL DESTINATION).

We may be get DRAGONBALL as early as August 15, 2008. Seems like a tight fit...we'll see.

What?
Quote by stringmagician
omg Stephen Chow!

Piccolo a bad guy? He was a good guy I though?

I have GOT to see this movie

I think he was a bad guy in the dragonball series. Like how Vegeta was the bad guy at first in dragonball z. But then something changed him, idk, dragonball was before my time.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Piccolo was never a Heel in DBZ

+infinity

he wasa bad guy in Dragon Ball

not Dragon Ball Z

but anyway, its probably going to be so bad that it'll be funny
Justin Chatwin as goku?

he's so scrawny though
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
I loved Dragonball 10000000x more than DBZ, so I'm so going to see this movie.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'll go see it for the nostalgia purposes. I used to love this show as a kid. Two aliens seemingly constipated for half a season or so for ten minutes of epic fighting. . . It was one of those shows that every child who was young at the time watched. And then proceeded to watch after they were young, but telling their friends it was for kids. . .

I'll watch it, but I'll wait until it comes out on video. . . I can't risk being seen going to it. . .

As bad as it could possibly be, you know you would all go to see it.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by PlayMadness
I loved Dragonball 10000000x more than DBZ, so I'm so going to see this movie.

utter fail, DB was ok, but DBZ was AMAZING
When I first read about this, I died a little inside. I'll probably wind up seeing it for nostalgia's sake though.
Quote by layinglow
utter fail, DB was ok, but DBZ was AMAZING

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Dragonball was always superior because it gave us scenes like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wP5P_YHkFVo
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

It looks like *Street fighter* the live action movie
is now gonna be the 2nd worst movie of all time..
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I never even watched the cartoon. The only action movies I like are superhero movies.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Wow. This is going to be the absolute worst film in history.

I'm still gonna watch it though...
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
It's going to be horrible, and we all know it. But we are all still going to see it X-D
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Whats going to happen is it's going to come out and its going to suck. I will see it, I will probably love it, but it will suck. BUT after that happens a few years later they're gonna make a Dragon Ball Z movie which will be totally badass and have Edward Norton in it. LOL the Hulk.
My signature is stupid.
I feel hella retarded even reading this forum, let alone commenting it but what the hell

DBZ was way more epic than DB: 2 words Super Sayian
Page 1 of 3