I have an old Squier standard telecaster lying in my house and I'm debating whether I should install new pick ups in it or sell it off and buy a new guitar. What do you guys suggest?
it all depends. for me on how good of a squier it is. the cheap ones are either agathis or basswood, neither of which i like. some of the higher class ones are alder.

if it is alder then i would consider upgrading it. if it isint, i would be more inclined to sell it.;

but you may be surprised (depending on the color) what a pickguard can do to change up a guitar's look.
It is made of agathis. I bought it off of musiciansfriend for $200 - so how much should be a suggested sell? Or should i still consider upgrading it?
Get a new guitar then! If you don't like the feel of the neck etc then don't bother upgrading.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
BOTH

Make a guitar off Warmoth, it's gonna' be your perfect guitar.,..
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It comes down to how much you like it. There are some guitars that should definitely not be upgraded, such as the strat I have with badly scallopped frets, an MDF body and a dodgy truss rod. That said, I'm keeping it so I can reshape the body and see if I like the new one enough to try it on a decent guitar. IMO, as long as nothing is broken, no guitar should be scrapped unless it's made of plywood or MDF. Oh, or unless you're catching it on fire and smashing it on stage.

Seeing as it's a used agathis squier, you won't get much on a resale - certainly not enough to buy a decent guitar unless you get a damn good deal - so I'd screw around with it. Refinish it or something, you could at least get a decent wallhanger out of it, and something to play around on when you're bored.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Quote by greennblue10
I have an old Squier standard telecaster lying in my house and I'm debating whether I should install new pick ups in it or sell it off and buy a new guitar. What do you guys suggest?

How does the guitar feel when you play it? If it sounds like ass thats ok because new pickups can fix that. If it doesn't feel right when you play it or if you get lots of dead frets and what not, then it can still be fixed but is only worth while if you already like the way the guitar sounds. If you don't like the feel or the tone then you are probably best off selling it and getting a better guitar.
Not taking any online orders.
The tone sounds surprisingly comparible to a fender tele, that's for sure. Then neck is also really smooth and easy to play with.
go for some rockmonkeys
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL